Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Can anyone help me...(sorry zeekgs300)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-07, 02:18 PM
cjones4640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help me...(sorry zeekgs300)

Can anyone please tell me what type of rims are these!!!
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone help me...(sorry zeekgs300)-phot0013.jpg  
Old 03-24-07, 07:09 PM
cjones4640
Driver

anyone????
Old 03-25-07, 07:30 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I believe those are 22" Getostar Alumifoils.

I presume you've seen this thread, which shows zeekgs300's before photos as well as Seize's solid recommendations: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261431

If you'd still like to ghettofy your car, I'd suggest PM'ing zeekgs300 and buying them off him. I'd wager that no one here knows or would want to know what crappy company makes those ugly *** wheels.

Hope this helps (meaning I hope this changes your mind).
Old 03-26-07, 12:39 AM
cjones4640
Driver

Hey..thats your close minded opinion and i respect that..

But unlike you i love ALL forum of modding...im not a ricer..drifter...vip'er or dubb'er...IM A MOD LOVER...

and your in cali so i can guess what your into...but "ROUND HERE" they ride dubb style...but i say to each his own..

and the only people that try to change peoples veiws on thingsto theres are the ones with low self esteem (trying to boost up thier own ego)...everyone else with sense and manners just say or explain why they dont or wouldnt...without the slick talk

but i do agree with u..seize's wheels are nice as hell!

Last edited by cjones4640; 03-26-07 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-26-07, 02:51 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

My opinion of oversized wheels is based on the adverse effects on handling, acceleration, and braking ability. All aspects of your vehicle's performance are compromised by putting on wheels that are much larger than stock diameter. Even electronic safety components, such as a car's TCS, will not work properly with the addition of wheels that are just too big.

I'm not saying that ANY modification is bad; even I'm guilty of putting on wheels that are larger than stock, compromising some performance. However, the OVERALL DIAMETER of the wheel is close enough to stock that performance is only slightly affected and not RUINED.

Having big wheels just so you can proudly roll with a 22" emblem on the side of the car, just because it's "DUB style" and the IN look in your area, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

But hey, it's your car. Just don't drive out of your area - you'll see too many people doing this:

Last edited by pvmike1; 03-26-07 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-26-07, 03:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I believe that wheel is made by DRIV (could be wrong, the non staggered, off the shelf stuff is not my specialty)
Old 03-26-07, 05:03 PM
cjones4640
Driver

Thanks D2..i found it after searching while at work(man i have too much time on my hands here..lol)
and to Mr. closed minded....ppl can all they want to..but in the end its not their car to begain with..thats like me saying you dont leave where your from because of the type of style your's is. Thats just a tad bit immature. as i get pm's from ppl saying thats why they dont go to the dubb style fourm because of ppl with minds like yours..i just shake my head..because in reality what your saying is..if your car is not like mines or close to it...its junk! I see styles that i wouldnt do(i will never say i dont like cause its not mines to have to like) but hey..if she or he likes it..i say ... and for the recored...i NEVER been the one to "follow" what the trend was..not in high school..not in the service..and not at any job...i always did my own thing...but hey.."to each his own"

Last edited by cjones4640; 03-26-07 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-27-07, 09:24 PM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cjones4640
and to Mr. closed minded....ppl can all they want to..but in the end its not their car to begain with..thats like me saying you dont leave where your from because of the type of style your's is. Thats just a tad bit immature. as i get pm's from ppl saying thats why they dont go to the dubb style fourm because of ppl with minds like yours..i just shake my head..because in reality what your saying is..if your car is not like mines or close to it...its junk! I see styles that i wouldnt do(i will never say i dont like cause its not mines to have to like) but hey..if she or he likes it..i say ... and for the recored...i NEVER been the one to "follow" what the trend was..not in high school..not in the service..and not at any job...i always did my own thing...but hey.."to each his own"
I agree you can do whatever you wanna do with your car, as long as it's not endangering the others who share the same road with you. In this case, I have to stand on your so-called Mr. Closed Minded.