Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New wheels New Problem. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-05, 09:21 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels New Problem. Help Please

Ok. Well I put the new Work DH on my car backed out of the driveway everything was fine. Once I put the car into drive it didnt move such as the E brake was on but it wasnt. I gave the car some gas & it seemed to of broken loose & everything was back to normal. About a week later yesterday I was at the store come back stick the car in drive same thing? I had to hit about 5mph then it seemed to go back to normal.

The wheels do have a hubcentric rings what could cause this?

Thanks
Old 05-28-05, 09:30 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any work done on your brakes?
Old 05-28-05, 11:10 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Yes I just had all 4 pads changed. Front and rear the rears are making a speaking sound when I push the pedal. Only when pedal is in motion so when no brakes no noise & when the brakes kick in no noise. Just as the pads are moving to hit the rotors. I guys at the shop are trying to say it will go away but it hasnt.

What could it be?
Old 05-29-05, 05:53 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would lean more towards the brakes sticking. If the wheels dont rub and they ride normally the rest of the time I dont think it could be them. I would have to say more likely that there is a problem with the brakes, like one is sticking or something. That may be why it gets stuck like that every once in a while. With my cross drilled rotors and ebc pads I get a squeel whenever I brake real slowly. I think with aftermarket brakes and pads it is common for squeels. Sticking though is not normal. I would maybe take it to another shop that has nothing to do with the install and get their opinion.
Old 05-29-05, 08:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Ok. Well I put the new Work DH on my car backed out of the driveway everything was fine. Once I put the car into drive it didnt move such as the E brake was on but it wasnt. I gave the car some gas & it seemed to of broken loose & everything was back to normal. About a week later yesterday I was at the store come back stick the car in drive same thing? I had to hit about 5mph then it seemed to go back to normal.

The wheels do have a hubcentric rings what could cause this?

Thanks
if you are on stock brakes it sounds to me like gs300 rich said the brakes , your caliper pins maybe on too tight and or they did not lubricate them before reinstalling assembly, remember te stock gs brakes are floating calipers that move left to right on these pins
Old 05-29-05, 01:45 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

it could also be a little bit of air in the brake lines...did u bleed them when changing pads? this same thing happened to me after i changed pads...try bleeding your brakes...
Old 05-31-05, 11:24 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

well it happen once more today just 20min ago. The car was on my driveway I was going to pull it into the garge. But the brakes seemed to be locked . The funny thing is that it would roll backwars no problem in R or even in N. but as soon as I put it into D it seemed like the brakes were locked then broke loose at about 9mph? Could this be because the idiots that changed my rear pads did not bleed the brakes?

Thanks guys