Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Fixing bent rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-05, 10:16 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing bent rims

Does anyone have any experience with fixing a bent rim. How much did you spend? One of my rim has a small bent on the lip. I was wondering how much should I expect the repair cost to be?

Does anyone know a good place in the San Francisco bay area?
Old 05-11-05, 10:27 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you visited the NorCal forums to ask this question?

You've been a long time member on CL , How could you miss all the inforamtion on bent wheels we've been giving out over the years???

Do a search for "Wheel techniques" and you will find several discussions, plus an article by me , search for "bullet hole".

Everything you need to know.

I'm also planning a local meet soon where we'll give discount coupons on wheel repair or refinishing.

You just need to be active member in the NorCal forums to stay informed.

Attending our meets wouldn't hurt either.
Old 05-11-05, 10:39 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to jump in here but i have a simular question. I have a set of 20" Lowenhart BR5's that came with my 98 gs400 that I just bought 3 weeks ago. When I was cleaning them I noticed in the groove where the center piece meets the outer piece there is some spots where the crome is flaking off. The wheels are beutyfull and I really dont want to buy new ones at $1400 each. What I am asking is is there somewhere I can take them to have them restored? There is no curb dammage or bends, just the flaking chrome, (not really bad) I just would like to fix this before it gets too bad. I live in fresno, ca. so somewhere close would be nice but will do what I need to.
Old 05-11-05, 10:40 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

Yeah I havent been keeping up for a while. I used to go ALL the CL meets in the bay area. I just haven't done anything to my car for a long time so the passion faded for awhile.... but it's back now All those New GS commericals are bring the fire back!!! I hope they make an M5 fighter... but we've been wishing for awhile. Anyway I'll be more active So what are these coupons that your talking about. How bout hooking me up with one
Old 05-11-05, 11:00 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I'm trying to get a meet set up at the wheel repair shop some time in the next couple of months.

Watch the NorCal forums for annoucements on meets.

If we get Wheel Tech to sponsor a meet, I'm sure I can get them to offer discount coupons.

DO some searches as I recommended and if you have any specific Q's, please post on that original thread so that the flow of information grows. This is better than answering the same questions on repetitive threads like this one.

Also I encourage locals to post region specific questions in the NorCal forum. (i.e. BAY AREA)

You will get a better response there.
Old 05-12-05, 05:56 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSPOWER
Does anyone have any experience with fixing a bent rim. How much did you spend? One of my rim has a small bent on the lip. I was wondering how much should I expect the repair cost to be?

Does anyone know a good place in the San Francisco bay area?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=119200
Old 05-12-05, 09:47 PM
GREGSGS430
Driver School Candidate

Default Wheel Techniques

WHEELTECHNIQUES is where i have gotten bent rims in the past fixed. They are expensive but are one of the few places around to get em done.

They have a website wheeltechniques.com

Greg
Old 05-12-05, 10:36 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a cheap fix.... usually 50-80 depending on the shop..... no biggie... its those cracks you gotta be weary about.