Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Front right tire molding loose

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-16, 08:35 AM
Jiveytx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front right tire molding loose

While driving on the highway yesterday (at about 75-80 mph), I came upon a full size car tire sitting in the middle of my lane. The guy in front of me swerved and missed it, but I wasn't as lucky. I swerved and managed to clip the edge. I was shocked to see damage since it didn't make any noise or move the tire at all (that I saw). There was heavy traffic and apparently no one else hit it but me. (lucky me...) Anyway, it bent the front bumper just a bit & knocked the plastic molding losses that is normally behind the bumper on the passenger side front. It's fairly close to the tire - about 2-3" of clearance for the tire. So far, it has held. Unfortunately, I can't even get an appointment for an estimate for about a week, and it will probably be a good month before I can get an appointment to get it fixed. I'm worried that I'm going to hit a speed bump or something and knock that molding loose even more, rendering the car undrivable. I have a GS350 F Sport. Does anybody know if this molding is likely to move? It seems like a pretty solid piece of plastic that would need a considerable jolt to move it again. I've attached a photo of the damage. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Front right tire molding loose-car.jpeg  
Old 11-05-17, 01:01 PM
Csonnal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably a late post but getting a few self tapping screws to screw it back in the bumper would be your best bet for a temporary fix or even permanent if you want to leave it like that