Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-13, 12:31 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
nice... the drop looks great, but the front could be a tad bit lower... just a tad. i thought you had an F Sport.
I know Syd, but with that I am having hard time getting out my driveway without scraping it.
Old 07-26-13, 08:26 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
I know Syd, but with that I am having hard time getting out my driveway without scraping it.
"damn", i guess it costs to be the boss. no need in ***********G up that beautiful car that you put all that work into. you're doing an excellent job keeping it classy. BTW, that LS is sic... i would have chosen silver for the finish on the wheels and finished the trim with the same silver.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-26-13 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-27-13, 12:19 AM
RobertE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
The rear camber was just barely within spec, but yes, I still see it. I would still get a camber kit if one became available. I'm kind of **** about having my alignment at nominal settings.

The price to install them was only $200 so I let the shop I bought them from do it. I watched the tech and it did seem pretty easy.
terrycs, could you tell me what shop you used, I'm looking to purchase a set and it would be nice to get them installed at the same place I purchase them.
Old 07-27-13, 07:08 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertE
terrycs, could you tell me what shop you used, I'm looking to purchase a set and it would be nice to get them installed at the same place I purchase them.
LSD Motorsport in Cypress, CA.
lsdmotorsports dot com

Tanabe actually recommended them to me when I was searching for a local dealer. But they will ship too if you prefer.
Old 07-29-13, 12:10 PM
KDLiquidGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
here is my car on the Tanabe springs at the pursuit and the Five Axis LS, which was badddd
That's the F-Sport Spoiler right? If so, how much did you get it for?
Old 07-29-13, 09:05 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

As for the headlight aim point, I'm thinking of having the dealer do it since they probably have target screens set up to do this. I'm hoping it will be no charge if I ask them to check my headlight level and don't tell them my car is lowered.
Weird that the headlights aim downward after the drop. Since the springs drop the rear slight more than the front. Was the dealer able to correct your headlight aim?

LSD Motorsport in Cypress, CA.
lsdmotorsports dot com

Tanabe actually recommended them to me when I was searching for a local dealer. But they will ship too if you prefer.
Got mine at LSD too. It was a pleasure dealing with Mike C there. He is pretty awesome!

Today I had Dustin installed them. If you're in the area I highly recommend them. He did it in less than 3 hours. Waiting for everything to settle and an alignment. So far I'm extremely pleased.
Old 07-29-13, 10:09 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Originally Posted by mso4
Weird that the headlights aim downward after the drop. Since the springs drop the rear slight more than the front. Was the dealer able to correct your headlight aim?
The headlight level sensor is on the drivers rear corner and is independent from the front. I've honestly just been too lazy to take it in but it's on my to do list.
Old 07-29-13, 11:55 PM
mso4
Pole Position

The headlight level sensor is on the drivers rear corner and is independent from the front. I've honestly just been too lazy to take it in but it's on my to do list.
Thanks for the heads up. I think this thread might be helpful:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...be-nf210s.html

I don't know if my lights are down since I haven't had time to drive much tonight. Will keep an eye out for it.

For those of you planning to lower your cars. Can you look at this light leveling sensor and note the original position? Maybe let your installer know as well maybe you won't have to deal with this problem afterward.
Old 07-30-13, 08:16 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Originally Posted by mso4
Thanks for the heads up. I think this thread might be helpful:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...be-nf210s.html

I don't know if my lights are down since I haven't had time to drive much tonight. Will keep an eye out for it.

For those of you planning to lower your cars. Can you look at this light leveling sensor and note the original position? Maybe let your installer know as well maybe you won't have to deal with this problem afterward.
The sensor doesn't appear to be adjustable.
Old 07-31-13, 11:15 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Here's my alignment specs after lowering on Tanabe and 200 miles.

Old 08-15-13, 05:31 PM
sectorz33
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

25mm rears 20mm front spacers no rub perfect...
Old 08-16-13, 06:17 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you nailed it with the spacer size
Old 08-16-13, 06:30 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
you nailed it with the spacer size
I agree, fills out nice. I bought some spacers, then whil ethey were in transit.. I decided to go for wheels and tires... so I have the spacers in the boxes. I expect my new wheels to fill out the wheel in similar fashion to the one above (+32 front, +45 rear if I recall correctly)
Old 08-16-13, 06:35 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I agree, fills out nice. I bought some spacers, then whil ethey were in transit.. I decided to go for wheels and tires... so I have the spacers in the boxes. I expect my new wheels to fill out the wheel in similar fashion to the one above (+32 front, +45 rear if I recall correctly)
what size spacers?
Old 08-16-13, 07:05 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
what size spacers?
See my signature... 15 and 25mm

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed