Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

which Lowering Springs for The GS450H do I get?

Old 06-14-12, 03:37 PM   #16
bloggdogg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Thanks glad u like

Nah only had these springs on these wheels. But had the wheels for ages on the stock springs as well so got to feel the ride quality. The springs definately made the ride firmer although I'm sure the low profiles do add to that.

Did you end up installing your df210s yet?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bloggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 09:13 PM   #17
MTLGS450h
Driver School Candidate

I have an appointment for next Friday, was going to do it last Friday but started reading these threads...

I will ride on stock ri s for this summer, next summer something new, I am feeling the gt-r 35 2010 wheels, if I could only find out if they rub or not, with the plus+25 offset, I don't feel like shaving or pulling fenders
MTLGS450h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:36 PM   #18
1scGS450h
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggdogg View Post
Ok heres a photo of how mine turned out with DF210s. Its kind of hard to tell by that photo but the car is noticeably uneven with the road. You can see the rears are way under the guards and the fronts have a decent gap. I think i can fit about 3 fingers in the gap.
Sure it means it means theres plenty of clearance to make sharp turns, but im slightly uncomfortable with the inconsistency with the front and back. Other than that, the springs are great. Ride quality is noticeably firmer from stock but i kinda like that. :-)
Wow.. I used to have the problem with my old integra.. but i figured it out haha. i swapped the front and rear springs when installing them so thus my front was really really low and the rear was really high. I thought that might be the case, but if you correctly installed the front on the front then.. this might be an easy fix.

I remember looking into the SAGE RCA blox.

The Link to the SAGE RCA BLocks

It does help drop the car a little bit to help you even out and also give the suspension more down force room. Check out the article.

I'll be looking into getting these soon my self.

Best regards,

1scGS450h
1scGS450h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 10:24 AM   #19
MTLGS450h
Driver School Candidate

How many people cut the bump stops when they installed these springs? i have read people who do and people who don't, wondering which is better to do

any comments from the people who have or have not?
Old 06-23-12, 12:05 PM   #20
MTLGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Well, dropped mine yesterday, I have to say it looks amazing and rides luxury sporty, not rough at all, handles pretty well, only thing I can notice is that the drivers side sites a little lower than the passenger side, but doesn't really bother me, also I didn't cut the bump stops
Will upload a picture shortly just about to wash it
Old 06-25-12, 11:29 AM   #21
Stormforge
executive matchup

Send a message via MSN to Stormforge

Quote:
Ok heres a photo of how mine turned out with DF210s. Its kind of hard to tell by that photo but the car is noticeably uneven with the road. You can see the rears are way under the guards and the fronts have a decent gap. I think i can fit about 3 fingers in the gap.
Sure it means it means theres plenty of clearance to make sharp turns, but im slightly uncomfortable with the inconsistency with the front and back. Other than that, the springs are great. Ride quality is noticeably firmer from stock but i kinda like that. :-)
your GS450h on DF210 should look like 1sicklex's pic. msg 1sicklex for help because your GSh should not sit like that on DF210.

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 04:12 PM   #22
Brian@Vossen
Sponsor

VossenWheels Vossen Wheels Vossen Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhan888 View Post
@ Mike, with the DF springs do you notice any difference with passengers in the back seats?
Quote:
@ Mike@Vossen what did you do to get your car level? Did you simply change the tyre sizes on the front and back to level it out?
(Oh and i'm on 20x8.5 front and back with 30 profile tyres i think)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormforge View Post
your GS450h on DF210 should look like 1sicklex's pic. msg 1sicklex for help because your GSh should not sit like that on DF210.
Yeah that is weird. My car is pretty even, the only way to tell the rear is sagging is when I have a full trunk or people in the rear.

In this pic I am using
Click the image to open in full size.
245/35/20
275/30/20
Yokohoma S. Drives...I am overspeced and even with fender shaving sometimes they would rub, more so the front.
http://www.vossenwheels.com/CarGalle...VSCV3-599.aspx
http://www.vossenwheels.com/CarGalle...VSCV3-569.aspx

In the pics I am attaching I am using the proper spec tires
245/30/20
285/25/20

There is NO issue with clearance at all and the car still looks even. Not sure why that front end is so high, maybe its the rear springs.

I really wish someone in CA would let Tanabe do R/D for our GS 450hs. We are using springs designed for the 350/430 which does not have a 300+ plus batter in the rear. Thus we will encounter more tire wear problems since the springs technically are not designed in mind for our cars. 300lbs is riding around with 2 people in your car all the time!

But damn it sure looks good
Attached Images

Brian@Vossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 06:08 AM   #23
GGS450H
Driver School Candidate

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  524.2 KBHey everybody

Marios from greece with 2007 silver gs 450h

Sitting on 245/30/20 front and 285/25/20 rear after I made the mistake of putting 275/30/20 rear which they rub. Now everything is fine. But the car definitely needs to bellow lowered. Especially in front. I'm thinking of gluing with the nfs or with rca. I m worried that the AVS will get messed up and that I'm going to wear the suspension faster. And that's a pretty expensive suspension.

Last edited by GGS450H; 01-08-14 at 07:44 AM..
GGS450H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 12:20 PM   #24
CHREW
Driver School Candidate

Default Inspired my recent purchase

Jay@Vossen seeing pics of your car inspired me to finalize a purchase for a 2007 GS450H. Extremely happy with the vehicle and looking fwd to doing some MOD's Thanks for the inspiration.
Attached Images

CHREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 12:22 PM   #25
CHREW
Driver School Candidate

How are things going with you car? I purchased mine yesterday and love it! can't wait to MOD.
CHREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:12 PM   #26
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHREW View Post
Jay@Vossen seeing pics of your car inspired me to finalize a purchase for a 2007 GS450H. Extremely happy with the vehicle and looking fwd to doing some MOD's Thanks for the inspiration.
That was me Very kind words and congrats on your GSh!!!
Old 04-29-14, 11:12 PM