Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein HA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 03:39 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein HA Coilover Questions(s)

Hello guys,

I recently bought a set of Tein HA Coilovers off a member from the board. While they are in the mail, I have a few questions regarding them. I tried a search but was told HA was under the three letter limit.

1. Is the Tein HA really rough? I want stiffness but not at the sacrifice of luxury. I don't mind a little bounce but definetly am not into a ride like my buddies RX-7.

2. A fellow member on the board told me that the Tein HA have a spec. I never knew there was a suggested height to lower when using coilovers? Can anyone shed light on this?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks guys.

-Anthony

Last edited by Captain Bone; 06-26-03 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-26-03, 04:21 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Yes, they are real rough. Even on factory 17's. You will either decide they are not so bad or end up trading them in for flex, CS or some other coilover.

2) The HA's have a range of adjustment, although when slammed they can be particulary harsh because the springs are compressed. I am at a 1/2 to 1 finger drop [space left between the tire and fender].

In combination with the TRD race sways the ride might be considered brutal [in comparison with the stock GS ride only]. Still far better than many other modified cars I have experienced but not a lexus ride. Since I purchased the HA's for performance reasons I have been happy. Hope you are too.
Old 06-26-03, 08:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well if it's just for me and my fiancee, the HA was very ok, we had no problem with it at all. but with my parents here, that's antoher story. i am not sure if their 60 yr old butts would lik ethe ride. the HA does give better performance over the flex i believe, but for normal street driving it's the same.

go to tein.com, they have all the information there. they have a "suggested" height but i have a feeling that everyone with the coilover doesn't follow that, coz' the whole point with the setup is the lower the ride