Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Whats a good spring rate for BC extreme low kit with swift springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-16, 06:11 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Appreciate the response, thanks.
Old 07-31-24, 04:50 PM
Wejust26
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EITELS123
I would go with 12k and 10k. If your roads are decent. Default is 10k and 8k. Im on 16k and 14k swift springs. I can tell you on rough roads its a bit shaky. On good roads its glued!
Hi there,
I'm wondering if I should get swift springs but its hard to understand the difference between them and regular coilover springs. I understand that swift springs give you a "smoother" ride. I loved my previous coilovers, which were really stiff, had basically no roll on turns, almost no bounce on speed bumps, I felt glued to the ground, and I had some road noise (which I actually really liked, and the road noise wasn't overwhelming at all). I don't remember their spring rate but I know I didn't have swift springs. I also don't necessarily know how much the dampening played an effect on this feeling, but I assume if my previous coilover spring rate was low then I would've had more roll on my turns, so I feel like they had a decent spring rate (maybe 8k or 7k Im assuming...idk. Im not an expert in this field lol). I am considering swift springs because I heard they are better quality and retain spring rate longer (as standard coilover springs sag over time). I LOVED my old stiff coilover springs and dont want a bouncier ride necessarily. Will swift springs ruin those characteristics that I liked (AKA: stiff ride, almost no roll, no bounce on speed bumps, road noise, etc.)? I know you can get higher spring rates too, if you want, for swift springs; like 14k or 16k like you mentioned in your comment. And that is kind of why I replied to this specific comment. I'm wondering if I should get swift springs (to have better quality springs), but just get them at a higher spring rate (so I can have a stiffer ride). What is your opinion on how I should go about this? Should I just stick with the standard springs because that'll fit more so what I am looking for or are my thoughts on the higher springs rate for swift springs accurate and that is what I should go for? Thank you!