Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Inexpensive fix to body roll - Daizen polyurethane sway bushings

Old 02-21-06, 09:07 AM
cgatch
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The link to Sewell Lexus is on post #9 of this thread.
Old 03-14-06, 01:40 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally got around to installing the sway bushings. Took me 4 hours but I was really taking my time and cleaning things up as I went along. The oem fronts were definitely worn, the rears were OK. Couldn't tell too much of a difference, a tad less body roll?? I should of done some spirited driving before the install to get a better impression. Anyone notice worn off-paint on the front and rear bars? I guess 97,000 miles of swaying tends to wear off the black paint coating.
Old 07-19-07, 09:54 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine in the mail today. I plan on putting them on when I do the steering rack bushings, This will definitly be done before the Dragon.
Old 07-21-07, 12:20 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kapdori
nice to hear that you are happy with the mod. You should be even more happier when you upgrade to full after market sway bars like trd or daizen. I was wondering. Could I use daizen bushing with my trd race sways? Is anybody out there might have tried the option?
Fyi Funny that I ran across this thread because I just tried installng these bushings on my TRD blues and they dont fit.The TRD sways are too thick.So if anyone is interested in a new set of Diazen bushings Pm me.
Old 07-21-07, 01:57 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigL
Fyi Funny that I ran across this thread because I just tried installng these bushings on my TRD blues and they dont fit.The TRD sways are too thick.So if anyone is interested in a new set of Diazen bushings Pm me.
Update..Ive decided to keep my Diazen and try to drill them a little bit to make them fit my TRD sways.Ill let you all know how it works.
Old 10-07-07, 05:06 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Well I didn't get to install before the Dragon, but just installed them last night It wasn't hard at all. As someone had mentioned, the hardest part is jacking the car up and putting the car on the jack stands. I wish I would have installed them for the Dragon and before I took the car to the track.

I did notice that the car does lean less and the car is flat in the turns. I can go a bit faster than before in the turns and the car handles better over all. I also noticed that the car rides a tad bit rigid. Before the car was so smooth after I did the steering rack bushings, but now I can feel the road a lot more. That's good for some people but not for me. I'm taking these out and keeping them for another track day or mountain run. My oem bushings weren't bad ar all; I like the smooth ride more so than the rigidity flat feel.
Old 10-08-07, 03:44 PM
jbw
Driver

Take a look at Energy Suspension poly bushings. They have tons of sizes. My sway bar bushings have made a huge difference in cornering and handling. These bushings and the brackets that come with them are stout.
Old 10-08-07, 07:48 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

The jury is still out . I've been driving on these bushings over the weekend and the feel as I mentioned is great just that I can feel the road a little more than before. I have to say that I'm starting to really, really like the feel or should I say the the performance of this upgrade.

I've read some of the experiences that some members have posted about taking turns faster than usual after the bushing install. Well heres mine. I was driving home from work today and it was well after rush hour so the highway traffic was light. I was taking a off ramp or interchange onto another highway. This off and on ramp is a question mark shaped turn starting from the bottom of the question mark with a elevation change, negative camber and slight banking in the turns. Well I took this turn at close to 80 mph which is about 11-15 mph more than I would take/push this turn. Mind you I've been taking small turns a bit fast this weekend getting comfortable with the car. The car felt so solid into and throughout the turn I was giddy.

MAN I love the performance of these bushings! I can't wait for another track day. I can only imagine how the Diazen sway bars would perform.
Old 05-04-08, 01:53 PM
gs-ireland
Pole Position

Just to give my 2cents:

I had ordered the Daizen sway & control bushing kits for my 98 GS3 with 105k, but as I still have no press, I decided to install the sway bushings today and the difference is incredible!

The high-speed 'planted feel is 200% better!
Lane-changing is a dream
The cornering is soooo much better.

I also had a small knocking from my suspension when I drove over a pothole and this cured it!

Amazing!
Old 05-07-08, 07:50 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any side by side pics of the new bushings compared to the used bushings
Old 06-30-08, 11:57 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

I've been eye balling these and the control arm bushings. Hmmm steerring rack bushings too!
Old 07-07-08, 11:34 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Had these installed (TRD front and rear sways, Daizen steering rack and all front control arm bushings) and picked up my car over the weekend.

Combined with the Tein CS's, OMG!!! I am loving my GS430 so much more now! It's a tad bit closer to what I had with my old BMW's sport suspension with H&R springs.
Old 02-19-09, 10:33 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I may be the only one but after having this done, I am struggling to notice much difference. There is a little more feeling than before but I don't see where people in this thread are saying that they have noticed a night and day difference, because to me, it is very minimal.
Old 02-19-09, 10:41 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...cant believe this thread is still bumped since 2003.

I guess it all depends how bad your OEM bushings were. Mines were pretty much compressed and in bad shape....so I felt more difference with the Daizen sway bushings.
Old 08-19-09, 05:24 PM
timgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is certainly a worthwhile upgrade. My GS300 only has 33k on it, but is 8 yrs. old. Bushings that came out were in good condition. Even though, still a definite improvement!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inexpensive fix to body roll - Daizen polyurethane sway bushings