Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing big brake kit question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 04:28 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another quick question, does kit include the rotors and pads and what not that it show on web site?

thanks?

PS. i think those red calipers shown above are coming to me.. if those are the ones!!
Old 10-13-15, 05:15 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by lildjloop
another quick question, does kit include the rotors and pads and what not that it show on web site?

thanks?

PS. i think those red calipers shown above are coming to me.. if those are the ones!!

Yup... red calipers are probably yours assuming you are the one who just placed the order:-)

Kit comes complete with:

(1) Calipers (Wilwood Aero 6 piston front, Wilwood Forged Superlite 4 piston rear)
(2) Pads (Wilwood BP-20 street/race pads)
(3) Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines
(4) CNC machined caliper brackets
(5) Rotors front and rear (High carbon premium rotors made by Stoptech, 14" up front, and 13.6" in the back)

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-13-15, 06:01 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Yup... red calipers are probably yours assuming you are the one who just placed the order:-)

Kit comes complete with:

(1) Calipers (Wilwood Aero 6 piston front, Wilwood Forged Superlite 4 piston rear)
(2) Pads (Wilwood BP-20 street/race pads)
(3) Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines
(4) CNC machined caliper brackets
(5) Rotors front and rear (High carbon premium rotors made by Stoptech, 14" up front, and 13.6" in the back)

Rafi
Yup that was me!! Awesome!! I'm so excited!! Will post pics once they are installed!
Old 10-13-15, 06:14 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

BTW, HUGE thanks to Simon with RR Racing for the amazing deal!!
Old 10-13-15, 11:37 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Loving the BBKs so far they really look great I keep getting compliments and now after the bedding it's really balanced and firm.

Wonderful communication/support from Simon and Rafi keep up the good work RR-Racing!
Old 10-20-15, 10:53 AM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

my wife texted my an hour ago and said my BBK came in!!!! i wanna go home so bad from work right now!! what excuse can i make???
Old 10-20-15, 01:19 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

you crapped your pants
Old 10-27-15, 05:02 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Hi All,

I know that we are relatively new to the Lexus BBK scene, but I want to assure everyone that not only do we strive to manufacture all of our components in the USA, but we put huge resources into track testing our products.

We want to congratulate Element Tuning for winning the 2015 Whelen Time Attack Series with our front and rear Competition BBK's for the Subaru BRZ and Scion FRS. We prove all our products on the track... the same engineering and experience goes into all our Lexus products as well!
Attached Thumbnails RR-Racing big brake kit question-12063602_10153745419179459_1864694685518014028_n.jpg  

Old 10-27-15, 05:54 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi All,

I know that we are relatively new to the Lexus BBK scene, but I want to assure everyone that not only do we strive to manufacture all of our components in the USA, but we put huge resources into track testing our products.

We want to congratulate Element Tuning for winning the 2015 Whelen Time Attack Series with our front and rear Competition BBK's for the Subaru BRZ and Scion FRS. We prove all our products on the track... the same engineering and experience goes into all our Lexus products as well!
Congratulation!!!!!

i cant wait till Feb, 2016 to purchase your BBK hope you will give me a good deal by then
Old 10-27-15, 07:30 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi All,

Congrats Simon!!

Your BBK kits turns lot of heads to my IS daily the performance is so firm and simply solid... well done

Last edited by faisal11ir; 10-27-15 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-28-15, 05:06 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
Congrats Simon!!

Your BBK kits turns lot of heads to my IS daily the performance is so firm and simply solid... well done

Thank you Faisel, we really appreciate your feedback.

Currently we are working on a drilled front rotor option too. Unfortunately, we cannot get slotted rear rotors at this time (at least so far we have not been able to find a source).

Rafi

Old 10-28-15, 11:12 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Update 10/28/15:

So we have been listening to all the feedback concerning preference for matching front and rear rotors. The best way for us to implement that is to slot the drilled rear rotors, and to dimple the slotted front rotors. That way both will appear to have a slotted drilled pattern front and rear.

We decided to dimple the front rather than drill it because dimpling will not crack, whereas drilling fronts may be an issue for aggressive drivers (drilled rear rotors will never crack because the rears see so much less heat compared to fronts. We race our ISF with the same drilled rear rotors and never had any issues).

It will take us a few weeks to make the changes, we will post pics as soon as its ready!

thanks again to everyone for the input,

Rafi

Old 11-10-15, 12:45 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

sorry it took me a few weeks to get some pics but im been lil busy.. heres a few iphone pics. shes a little dirty but ill wash her up and get better pics soon. i replaced the black RR-Racing logo with white Lexus logos!!
Attached Thumbnails RR-Racing big brake kit question-img_2526.jpg   RR-Racing big brake kit question-img_2527.jpg   RR-Racing big brake kit question-img_2528.jpg   RR-Racing big brake kit question-img_2573.jpg  

Last edited by lildjloop; 11-10-15 at 12:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LexoticJ (07-27-18)
Old 11-11-15, 12:36 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

sorry it took me a few weeks to get some pics but im been lil busy.. heres a few iphone pics. shes a little dirty but ill wash her up and get better pics soon. i replaced the black RR-Racing logo with white Lexus logos!!
hello there, i am looking to get this BBK for a long time and will buy in the next 2 months. i would like to ask how was it? like break feel and everything i am friend with a guy working as a technician at my local Lexus dealer and he recommended using the f sport BBK because after market BBK will have a "shaky" feeling when depress the brake pedal. thank you and hope to see ur's respond soon
Old 11-11-15, 10:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Very nice, thanks for posting the pics. Like the Lexus decals... we cant do that but they are very easy to get on Ebay.

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
hello there, i am looking to get this BBK for a long time and will buy in the next 2 months. i would like to ask how was it? like break feel and everything i am friend with a guy working as a technician at my local Lexus dealer and he recommended using the f sport BBK because after market BBK will have a "shaky" feeling when depress the brake pedal. thank you and hope to see ur's respond soon
Sorry man, but that is absolute nonsense from someone who either wants to sell you an FSport BBK, or doesn't know what he is talking about.

Rafi

Quick Reply: RR-Racing big brake kit question