Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing big brake kit question

Old 09-11-15, 02:32 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question RR-Racing big brake kit question

Hello, i am new to this forum and a first time Lexus owner. I just bought my 15 is250 f sport (wish i could get the 350 ((((( ). Anyway, i am tired of seeing the baby brake on my is so i check around and found that rr-racing offer a BBK at a very good price here is the link
http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Front...isxfbk0002.htm
So my question is will it void any of my warranty, are there chances that the check engine light would turn on, are the f sport BBK better? Also, i want to upgrade to f sport exhaust and intake but is it oke if i upgrade the BBK and the Exhaust and upgrade the intake later time (in 1 month gap). I am all new to the game please help!
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend guys.
Old 09-11-15, 03:54 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the price, would love to get some info about this BBK.
Old 09-11-15, 05:54 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, you may upgrade in any order that you would like, regardless of time frame too.
The parts are not dependent on one of the other being installed first. (provided you keep the stock one in place while you wait of course lol).

As to warranty, I believe in the US the dealer must prove that the part is the direct cause of whatever failure that occurs.
Old 09-11-15, 11:49 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

The RR-Racing brakes are very good, many of our FRS customers have done this upgrade and reported back on how good they are on the track and off.

The product should not void the warranty, and should not have any check engine lights.

I would not go for the F-sport route because I believe you are paying too much for what the product is. The Joe-z exhaust and intake is the more popular route. and it does not matter if you install the intake later.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 09-12-15, 01:31 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

thank you for your replies guys. i really appreciated your help!!!
Old 09-13-15, 06:31 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

I've contacted them and got a reply hope it would help, Quoting Simon from RR-Racing:

Hello Faisal,

All color options and custom colors that are high temperature paint come with RR Racing logo. Only Black anodized and Red and Black powder coated come with Wilwood logo. Thank you for this questions – I will make it clear on our on-line product description.

We recommend Wilwood BP10 or BP20 pad (see our pad selection guide: http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/192.htm) for our BBKs. We are also starting to carry Winmax W2 – which is an excellent pad (please check our Brake System catalog under ISF: http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/129.htm) , but we do not have pads in stock for the IS BBKs at this time.

We need to confirm fit with IS350 2014 model. We just released BBK front and back for GS350 2014, and we believe the fit is the same. We can confirm fit net week.

Where do you need us to ship the brake systems? Are you interested in both front and back?

Thank you for contacting RR Racing!

Simon
Old 09-13-15, 01:48 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
I've contacted them and got a reply hope it would help, Quoting Simon from RR-Racing:
First, thank you for your information. Also, i saw they have an option that lets uou add the rear brake for $800 more. Do you think its safe to upgrade both front and rear brake since i came across some topic on some others forums said that some BBK have fatal failure and can cause danger so i am kinda hesitate a bit on this upgrade.
P//s i have a is 250 f sport and im planning to plasti dip my stock rims red and purchased the white stage ii BBK then put the brembo sticker onto it. What do you think? Or should i get the joez axle back and the front brake instead of front and back brake.
Thank you.
Old 09-13-15, 02:06 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
First, thank you for your information. Also, i saw they have an option that lets uou add the rear brake for $800 more. Do you think its safe to upgrade both front and rear brake since i came across some topic on some others forums said that some BBK have fatal failure and can cause danger so i am kinda hesitate a bit on this upgrade.
P//s i have a is 250 f sport and im planning to plasti dip my stock rims red and purchased the white stage ii BBK then put the brembo sticker onto it. What do you think? Or should i get the joez axle back and the front brake instead of front and back brake.
Thank you.
Old 09-14-15, 07:21 AM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
Thank you.
Pricing for the rear bbk is not out yet....also wondering why you want to put brembo logos on it? They are clearly not brembos...you can clearly tell by the design of the caliper.....poser? lol
Old 09-14-15, 08:47 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

It's totally fine you can add the rears to the front before adding it to cart on their website, the front rotor comes slotted while the rear is drilled.

I see no point in putting brembo logos on them, RR-racing a reputable company you can check the FR-S clubs and see how popular are they even here on IS-F forums.
Old 09-14-15, 09:37 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are pretty cheap, you should be all over that price...
Old 09-14-15, 12:59 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

I mean there price is way too good but I hate the will wood font man its look so ugly for my taste maybe put on rr-racing, f sport, or brembo sticker. I think I will purchased front and rear brake first then f sport exhaust and intake, I know it's expensive but it's legal hahah
Old 09-14-15, 10:54 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Guys, just to clarify, we can do any custom color offered on www.g2usa.com -- definitely red and silver with our RR Racing logo -- agree that it looks much better than Wilwood font!

We are going to confirm fit of our rear BBK for 3gen IS250/350 shortly. Meanwhile, anyone lives in driving distance from the Greater Philadelphia area with 2014+ 250/350 please let us know. We would love to get you in our shop -- make it worth your while.

-- Simon
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-14-15, 11:25 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Guys, just to clarify, we can do any custom color offered on www.g2usa.com -- definitely red and silver with our RR Racing logo -- agree that it looks much better than Wilwood font!

We are going to confirm fit of our rear BBK for 3gen IS250/350 shortly. Meanwhile, anyone lives in driving distance from the Greater Philadelphia area with 2014+ 250/350 please let us know. We would love to get you in our shop -- make it worth your while.

-- Simon
Yea please anyone to help test fit the BBK and USRS bushings !
Old 09-17-15, 03:18 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Hi Guys, We apologize for the delay while we 100% confirm 3IS fitment, but just to hold you all off until we do, we figured we would post some pics of a GS350 F Sport we recently completed with our 14" Stage II 6 piston fronts and 13.6" 4 piston rear BBK's. These calipers were custom lacquered in white to match the car, and I think it ended up looking great, and braking performance was phenomenal compared to stock (although picture quality could be better, we will do another photo shoot soon:-)

RR Racing Front 6 Piston Stage II kit with 14" rotors, custom white calipers with customer supplied 'Lexus' logo.

RR Racing rear 4 piston BBK, 13.6" rotors, w/ RR Racing logo, custom white.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RR-Racing big brake kit question