Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RSR Super Down Ride & DD Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-15, 06:15 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RSR Super Down Ride & DD Experience

Hey all. I have a 2015 IS250 RWD F-Sport that I am planing on dropping with RSR Super Downs or Downs, not 100% sure yet. I like the stock 18's, so I won't be changing them out. Right now, I'm looking at the Super Downs, 20mm spacers all around and the SPC Rear Camber kit.

I'm looking for owners who are on the Super Downs to provide their opinion of the ride quality vs stock and the issues they've encountered so far (ie, scraping, noises, parking problems, speed bumps, etc). Also, if you can comment on your tire wear so far and if you are using a camber kit, that would also be helpful.

I love the look of the Super Downs over the Downs and I live in S. FL, so the roads are good and I've researched plenty on CL here, but I've never lowered any of my cars in the past, so I want to be sure I do my due diligence before pulling the trigger, as I really love how the car handles and rides right now.
Old 04-15-15, 09:36 AM
Matt3is
Driver School Candidate

Rsr super downs imo, are the best drop springs could give you. They ride super nice like stock. You will have to learn to angle on every driveway & avoid imperfections in the road. Tire wear is normal, camber was around 3 & toe was corrected. I've had several different spring setups in all different cars & the rsr springs trump all. Good luck!
Old 04-16-15, 05:27 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the info. I ordered the Super Downs and a rear camber kit and I'll report back my experience.
Old 04-16-15, 07:05 PM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Downs first, then switched them out for Super Downs. I had Super Down's on my AWD since July 2014. The ride is deff bumpier than stock. Camber wear on the tires is expected. The drop is perfect! Cannot be careless when hitting driveways and potholes because you deff scrap. But having them since July, I think my OEM struts are getting shot since they start squeaking once its bumpy in a quiet area.
Old 05-13-15, 02:57 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the super downs I have had them for two weeks and I can honestly say I'm impressed. They drive similar to stock and I think they are definitely not as stiff. you will bottom out on pot holes or big dips in the road. The only down fall is now I need wheels because my factory ones stick in too far lol
Old 05-13-15, 10:56 PM
Aznluder
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm kinda regretting not getting the super downs. I was worried they'd be too low and alittle tired of always worried about having to angle everywhere like on my lowered g35. Main reason for getting just the downs was because wife may drive the IS on occasion and didn't want rough ride or have her bottom out!
Old 05-14-15, 07:36 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to update everyone.

I got the Super Downs installed a couple weeks ago and I'm very impressed with the look and feel of the car and ride quality. Like everyone has said before, the ride is stock feel. I can't tell any difference and I'm looking for any ride difference while I'm driving. Obviously, I have to be way more aware of how I'm driving, as I've scraped numerous times already. I did install the All Fit front lip and I feel that's helped out and will continue to help out, along with adding a nice look to the front bumper that I really like. I also installed the SPC Rear Camber kit to be able to bring in the camber to within factory specs. My alignment came out great.

The reason I went with the Super Downs over the Downs is that on the Downs, it's tough to tell that the car has even been lowered any. Hate to spend the spend on the springs, install and alignment and have no one be able to tell that you even did anything.

I think the look is perfect, the ride is great, not bouncy or mushy at all and no rubbing issues. I couldn't be more pleased.

Last edited by Maveri9720; 05-14-15 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-18-15, 01:02 PM
ToooZeRo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures!!!

Anyone riding super downs with 19's?

If so what offset and any rubbing... I want to go super downs but fear of rubbing issues with 19's aftermarket (whatever I decide to get)....