Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tire Wear with RSR Downs / Super Downs

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-15, 10:09 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Tire Wear with RSR Downs / Super Downs

Trying to get a gauge on how bad your tire wear is with these springs. More than likely, I'd run these with the stock F sport rims and tires. Does your tire wear evenly?

What were your alignment specs like and how long did you wait after installation to get your alignment done?
Old 02-23-15, 11:38 AM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Also interested....
Old 02-23-15, 10:40 PM
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by i2fat
Trying to get a gauge on how bad your tire wear is with these springs. More than likely, I'd run these with the stock F sport rims and tires. Does your tire wear evenly?

What were your alignment specs like and how long did you wait after installation to get your alignment done?
I just got mine done today (RSR Downs). I am also planning on keeping the stock tire and rims (18") on. I haven't driven with this set up long enough yet so I can't tell you if there are tire wear. But from my research on the threads about RSR Downs is that they don't give you trouble in terms of tire wear (even with 19"). I'll let you know once I have some mileage on it. If you are interested I got mine installed at 168 Motoring. Ask for Kevin. I plan on giving it about 3-4 weeks before I return there for my tire alignment. Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-15, 12:24 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you get spacers? He recommended me 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear.

Originally Posted by nick0327
I just got mine done today (RSR Downs). I am also planning on keeping the stock tire and rims (18") on. I haven't driven with this set up long enough yet so I can't tell you if there are tire wear. But from my research on the threads about RSR Downs is that they don't give you trouble in terms of tire wear (even with 19"). I'll let you know once I have some mileage on it. If you are interested I got mine installed at 168 Motoring. Ask for Kevin. I plan on giving it about 3-4 weeks before I return there for my tire alignment. Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-15, 01:44 AM
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Glock47
Did you get spacers? He recommended me 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear.
No I didn't get it yet cuz I haven't really looked into spacers yet. Still want to see what people do with their spacers on the forum. Are you going to get it? If yes would be nice if you post some picture man.
Old 02-24-15, 07:19 AM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nick0327
Thanks for the info.

That's what my setup will most likely be. RSR Downs with 25mm fronts and 20mm rears. I think 15mm fronts would be way too conservative. Hoping that the 25mm aren't TOO aggressive though lol.
Old 02-24-15, 11:21 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A couple of members have 25mm in the front and rub on dips I believe. Most people have 20mm all around. He recommended 15mm in case it rubs. Haven't heard complaints about 20mm rubbing.

Op, spacers might the wheels look more flush. If you noticed, factory wheels sit fairly deep in the wheel wells. Spacers makes it look cleaner. Some say it enchantes handling as well but it would probably be minimal.

Thanks for the info.

That's what my setup will most likely be. RSR Downs with 25mm fronts and 20mm rears. I think 15mm fronts would be way too conservative. Hoping that the 25mm aren't TOO aggressive though lol.
Old 02-24-15, 09:51 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glock47
A couple of members have 25mm in the front and rub on dips I believe. Most people have 20mm all around. He recommended 15mm in case it rubs. Haven't heard complaints about 20mm rubbing.

Op, spacers might the wheels look more flush. If you noticed, factory wheels sit fairly deep in the wheel wells. Spacers makes it look cleaner. Some say it enchantes handling as well but it would probably be minimal.
Ah I wish I could see it in person on someone's car. Really want to make sure I got the right fitment for the front.
Old 02-27-15, 09:24 AM
Matt3is
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the rsr super downs and the rear camber wasn't too bad. They are 1.7 & other wheel is 2.2. I I waited a day to get my alignment, around 50 miles to fix my toe. I plan to get them rechecked after a solid month. Hope that helps!
Old 03-16-15, 12:51 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt3is
I have the rsr super downs and the rear camber wasn't too bad. They are 1.7 & other wheel is 2.2. I I waited a day to get my alignment, around 50 miles to fix my toe. I plan to get them rechecked after a solid month. Hope that helps!
How is your tire wear so far?
Old 04-13-15, 12:30 AM
Letsstance
Driver School Candidate

Bump. Trying to decide if I should get a camber kit or not with the super downs