Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tire Wear with RSR Downs / Super Downs

Old 02-22-15, 11:09 PM   #1
i2fat
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Post Tire Wear with RSR Downs / Super Downs

Trying to get a gauge on how bad your tire wear is with these springs. More than likely, I'd run these with the stock F sport rims and tires. Does your tire wear evenly?

What were your alignment specs like and how long did you wait after installation to get your alignment done?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
i2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 12:38 PM   #2
criticalgt
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Also interested....
criticalgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 11:40 PM   #3
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2fat View Post
Trying to get a gauge on how bad your tire wear is with these springs. More than likely, I'd run these with the stock F sport rims and tires. Does your tire wear evenly?

What were your alignment specs like and how long did you wait after installation to get your alignment done?
I just got mine done today (RSR Downs). I am also planning on keeping the stock tire and rims (18") on. I haven't driven with this set up long enough yet so I can't tell you if there are tire wear. But from my research on the threads about RSR Downs is that they don't give you trouble in terms of tire wear (even with 19"). I'll let you know once I have some mileage on it. If you are interested I got mine installed at 168 Motoring. Ask for Kevin. I plan on giving it about 3-4 weeks before I return there for my tire alignment. Hope this helps.
nick0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 01:24 AM   #4
Glock47
Pole Position

JBreeziemode

Did you get spacers? He recommended me 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0327 View Post
I just got mine done today (RSR Downs). I am also planning on keeping the stock tire and rims (18") on. I haven't driven with this set up long enough yet so I can't tell you if there are tire wear. But from my research on the threads about RSR Downs is that they don't give you trouble in terms of tire wear (even with 19"). I'll let you know once I have some mileage on it. If you are interested I got mine installed at 168 Motoring. Ask for Kevin. I plan on giving it about 3-4 weeks before I return there for my tire alignment. Hope this helps.
Glock47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 02:44 AM   #5
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock47 View Post
Did you get spacers? He recommended me 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear.
No I didn't get it yet cuz I haven't really looked into spacers yet. Still want to see what people do with their spacers on the forum. Are you going to get it? If yes would be nice if you post some picture man.
nick0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 08:19 AM   #6
i2fat
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0327 View Post
Thanks for the info.

That's what my setup will most likely be. RSR Downs with 25mm fronts and 20mm rears. I think 15mm fronts would be way too conservative. Hoping that the 25mm aren't TOO aggressive though lol.
Old 02-24-15, 12:21 PM   #7
Glock47
Pole Position

JBreeziemode

A couple of members have 25mm in the front and rub on dips I believe. Most people have 20mm all around. He recommended 15mm in case it rubs. Haven't heard complaints about 20mm rubbing.

Op, spacers might the wheels look more flush. If you noticed, factory wheels sit fairly deep in the wheel wells. Spacers makes it look cleaner. Some say it enchantes handling as well but it would probably be minimal.

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

That's what my setup will most likely be. RSR Downs with 25mm fronts and 20mm rears. I think 15mm fronts would be way too conservative. Hoping that the 25mm aren't TOO aggressive though lol.
Glock47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 10:51 PM   #8
i2fat
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock47 View Post
A couple of members have 25mm in the front and rub on dips I believe. Most people have 20mm all around. He recommended 15mm in case it rubs. Haven't heard complaints about 20mm rubbing.

Op, spacers might the wheels look more flush. If you noticed, factory wheels sit fairly deep in the wheel wells. Spacers makes it look cleaner. Some say it enchantes handling as well but it would probably be minimal.
Ah I wish I could see it in person on someone's car. Really want to make sure I got the right fitment for the front.
Old 02-27-15, 10:24 AM   #9
Matt3is
Driver School Candidate

Quote:

I have the rsr super downs and the rear camber wasn't too bad. They are 1.7 & other wheel is 2.2. I I waited a day to get my alignment, around 50 miles to fix my toe. I plan to get them rechecked after a solid month. Hope that helps!
Matt3is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 10:24 AM