Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Handling

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 04:24 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

^Very nice!
Old 03-09-15, 05:08 PM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brands
I'm on a budget right now I'm just trying to make a list of what i will need because in the near future i am looking to mod my car with the best parts i could find
OP, I can understand if you're on a budget. I've done my mods over time, one by one - carefully gauging what effect each one has before moving on to the next one. Everyone here will have their own personal goals when it comes to handling, so keep that in mind.

If you just want your car to feel "fresh", here would be my suggestions:

1a) Shocks if yours need replaced.

1b) You can find Sport model springs if you want to stay close to factory - personally I went with Swift Sport lowering springs, and have been happy with them. There are of course other springs, or you can go to coilovers.

2) If shocks are still good, do the front & rear sway bars next. You can get either the F-Sport, or Hotchkis (which have another adjustment hole on the rear bar). I added adjustable endlinks for the rear bar as well.

3) Quality tires will go a long way if you don't already have them - many choices depending on your needs & driving conditions.

4) Figs Engineering front lower control arm bushings. Helps to maintain your alignment settings. Can be purchased already pressed into a bracket, which makes it an easy job.

That will give you a nice handling car, and cover all the basics...

The IS-F steering ECU is nice, but is more of an improvement in how the car 'feels' (feedback) than a pure handling improvement. Also, don't forget it will need to be calibrated at the dealer if purchased new (meaning it has not been initialized yet).
Old 03-14-15, 11:22 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Or if you can find a set of used BC coilovers, you can revalve them to be just as good or better than Ohlins by following this tutorial.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rts-1-3-a.html