Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 09:39 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

i think this has been posted before but im posting it again anyway. check your tires guys, i took my car in to get the nail i ran over pulled out and then i turn out my wheels and the entire inside of my tires are all screwed up. basicly no tread left. the guy said he could see soem wires, i couldnt see them but whatever. just reminding you guys so nobody here blowout a tire and crash.
Old 02-10-03, 11:31 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i had that same issue, and its a fairly common thing for us lowered-lexus guys. there was a huge and prolonged sticky on it. search thread titles if you want more info.

i checked my tires and saw "a little stuff" on the inside and had to take one off. sucks
Old 02-11-03, 12:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup with our lowered cars... that's the end result
Old 02-14-03, 09:14 AM
Coolguy949
Driver School Candidate

Do they make camber kits for the GS? I dont have a GS yet but I have a fixed up Mitsu Eclipse with a fully adjustable camber kit in the front and rear. The alignment shop can adjust as much as +/-2 degrees. Having around 1 degree negative camber in the back will make the car handle better. If you dont have a camber kit yet, I recommend finding one. I've gone through a lot of tires because of a cheap camber kit or none at all. Make sure you get a good one. Also, if you notice more wear on the insides, next time you rotate tires, have them dismount the tires and flip them to the other side (since more tires are one-directional). The tread that was on the inside will now be on the outside. That way you can even up the wear a bit.

Rob
Old 02-14-03, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Coolguy949
Do they make camber kits for the GS? I dont have a GS yet but I have a fixed up Mitsu Eclipse with a fully adjustable camber kit in the front and rear. The alignment shop can adjust as much as +/-2 degrees. Having around 1 degree negative camber in the back will make the car handle better. If you dont have a camber kit yet, I recommend finding one. I've gone through a lot of tires because of a cheap camber kit or none at all. Make sure you get a good one. Also, if you notice more wear on the insides, next time you rotate tires, have them dismount the tires and flip them to the other side (since more tires are one-directional). The tread that was on the inside will now be on the outside. That way you can even up the wear a bit.

Rob
nop there is no camber kit for the GS, otherwise we would all have it by now
Old 02-14-03, 05:28 PM
Coolguy949
Driver School Candidate

has anyone ever tried making their own spacers for the rear? Get some thick metal (like what door hinges are made of), drill holes and get longer bolts to push the upper control arm out a degree or so.

Wow, that's amazing not even RMM has made some. Are they ussually not needed or something? How much does the l tuned suspension lower the car?

Rob