Alright, I got this car for super cheap and have been trying to get it reliable and safe.
Parts I've replaced...
1. Front sway bar end links (old ones were bent)
2. Front Lower Ball Joints (due to horror stories)
3. Front upper control arms (bad bushings)
4. Previous owner did outer tie rods
5. Rear axle carrier / hub bushings (very very bad condition)
6. Rear trailing arm bushings? (the other hub bushings)
7. Rear driver side Lower Control arm (old was bent a bit)
The car drove decently... (still waiting on caster arm bushings to come in)
Today driving back from work, in the rain, the car developed what sounded like tire noise in the back passenger wheel area. The rear of the car was swaying and jumpy like it was trying to drift a corner when it hit puddles.
I got home and jacked the car up. All lug nuts were tight, but the wheel wobbled an easily noticeable amount both side to side and up and down.
I checked all the bushings I could see with the wheel off and they all seem tight and firm. All bolts are tight as well. It got dark on me so I called it a night..
Any ideas? I'm assuming wheel bearing. Is this a good possibility? Any help on diagnosing bad wheel bearings would be appreciated, but I'm not scared of search buttons if no one wants to throw in their couple cents!
Thanks in advance and wish me luck!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!