Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

D2 Coilover

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 06:49 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default D2 Coilover

Hi cl guys,

I have the D2 coil over on my GS300 . In the back I have been hearing a pretty loud sound when spent a bump a little faster on the driver's side . Yesterday I lifted the car and saw that the thread of the coil over the driver 's side was shorter than the passenger side . I would remove the jack the car and it was measured to see if it was more down one side of the car and it turned out the same on both sides . Also this even in front. So , the car is as it should be ( even ) on all sides , but the thread of the coil over back of the driver 's side is shorter ? I want to align my car because I just put 4 new tires and I want to align . But I want to know before taking my car to align if that is normal in D2 coil over or the GS300 ? Guys , any of you had any experience with these D2 coil over similar to mine? Any idea why does that sound because the coil over thread on one side is shorter than the other? This is normal? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks,
Mcon
Old 02-26-14, 05:45 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How long have you had it? yeah i had d2's on my car too, they rode like ****! it was like driving around with no suspension. I'd have to say d2s are probably the WORST coils you can buy.

yeah my rear coils had the same symptoms. found out later the shocks were prolly blown. anyways i took my car apart already. im not even sure if d2 has any type of warranty
Old 03-06-14, 04:07 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by neegroy
How long have you had it? yeah i had d2's on my car too, they rode like ****! it was like driving around with no suspension. I'd have to say d2s are probably the WORST coils you can buy.

yeah my rear coils had the same symptoms. found out later the shocks were prolly blown. anyways i took my car apart already. im not even sure if d2 has any type of warranty
What I did was search Google the company here in USA and they are in California and they explained to me what I had to do with them. I can tell that resulted very well what they recommended to me. I also mentioned that coil over if they have a receipt have one year 100% guarantee, that if the warranty is passed I could send them coil over or coil over damaged and $ 120.00 each it me changed without any problem. (919) 544-4171 this is the phone for them. They no longer have your car with them but if you know of someone who has the same problem. Good luck.