Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Squealing brake noise PROBLEM!!HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-13, 07:21 PM
tripperlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Squealing brake noise PROBLEM!!HELP!!

MY is350 still squeals when i step on the brakes. Especially when im in reverse. After changing the pads and cleaning it with brake cleaner it still squeals..Can someone please Help ME!!!
Old 06-17-13, 09:28 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the updated oem shim kit for the fronts and rears. Make sure you have your brake pads with it's low pad sensor facing the correct direction. Also don't put any anti squeal or grease on the front brakes. Only on the rear is needed and it should come with the rear shim kit. After I did that.. my stopped squealing. Good luck

Last edited by mong; 06-17-13 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 09:42 PM
BigJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by mong
Get the updated oem shim kit for the fronts and rears. Make sure you have your brake pads with it's low pad sensor facing the correct direction. Also don't put any anti squeal or grease on the front brakes. Only on the rear is needed and it should come with the rear shim kit. After I did that.. my stopped squealing. Good luck
^^ This, but also make sure there isn't a pebble/stone stuck in your caliper somewhere and it's grinding on the rotor. Look for odd wear marks on the rotors, that will tip you off. I had that happen to me.
Old 06-17-13, 10:34 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

read this.. most likely is your shim kit.. get a new revise one..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...squealing.html
Old 06-18-13, 10:58 AM
panda08
Lead Lap

you need oem pads/ rotors/ shim kit. did you replace the pads yourself with after market ones and not change the rotor?
Old 06-18-13, 10:23 PM
tripperlex
Driver School Candidate

Default THanks

Thanks for the help guys.. the mechanics from the dealership where i got the Lexus from changed the pads front and back. i dont know if its oem brake pads or not. DO ya have any idea how much shims cost?
Old 06-20-13, 10:40 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

I'm having the exact same problem. It squeals like crazy early in the morning while reversing.

But if I spray some anti rust WD 40 spray , the noise does not come for 2 or 3 days and then it comes back again. What could be the issue ?

The brake biting strength is still strong. How do I find out if the shims or pads need changing without having to remove my wheels?
Old 06-20-13, 10:47 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
I'm having the exact same problem. It squeals like crazy early in the morning while reversing.

But if I spray some anti rust WD 40 spray , the noise does not come for 2 or 3 days and then it comes back again. What could be the issue ?

The brake biting strength is still strong. How do I find out if the shims or pads need changing without having to remove my wheels?
You have to remove your wheels and brake caliper in order to find out.. But from your problem description.. sound like your are using the hold shim kits.. I think the new shims kit has a rubber material on the back of the shims (soft material kinda like)..
Old 06-21-13, 06:18 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Remove the pads, pins and hardware. Apply caliper grease to the pins/slides, hardware where it contacts the pins/slides and the back of the pads. You should be good. I had this issue from the left rear of mine about a month ago and a quick clean and lube cured it.