Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Spring rates on Megan LP...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-13, 06:40 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Moral of the story..every one that has Megans, should dump them craps n buy BC or Tein...lol...I really can't believe they are really acting towards customer like that for something they F up....I'm glad i didn't go that route
Old 06-15-13, 11:23 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ and if BC Racing did the same, what would you say then?

like most people who have emotional/knee-jerk reactions, let's take a deep breath and evaluate the situation for what it's worth.

sure, it sucks that they botched the spring rates, and aren't going to do anything about it, but let's be realistic for one moment here and answer this question: does it change the fact that the difference between 12kg/mm and 10kg/mm is perceptible to the average joe?

answer: not really.

when i had mine, they were functionally perfect for the duration of my ownership, during which time i went through MULTIPLE sets of wheels of varying diameters, widths, and offsets - not to mention accompanying tires. would i have been upset to know that my front spring rates are 2 kg/mm less? sure. but if you ask me the difference between how 12kg/mm and 10kg/mm "felt", i'd say they're "similar".

also, not sure why people are taking it up with megan racing. take it up with the retailers through which you bought your coilovers from, and if they knew what was good for them, ask them to take it up with megan racing on your behalf. manufacturers are less likely to acquiese to a handful of end-users than they are to a handful of their retailers.
Old 10-17-13, 01:15 PM
viprtwo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just an update to this situation,

I've been in conversation with Megan regarding this and I can fully agree with A_Grasso's comment about Megan. it's been over 25 e-mails long and the communication has been ridiculous. lol!
  • They agreed to swapping out my 10k springs for 12k springs at no cost.
  • They then made me wait 5 months for them to arrive in shipment
  • then when i called them back and they had them in stock, they mentioned I needed a warranty claim.
  • Unfortunately since the coil overs are 2 years old, they will not warranty it and give me the springs after all.
  • I bought through Team SNS here on CL, and since they are no longer a vendor, Megan will not support.
  • In their defense, I lost my invoice which they are holding me to.
  • If i want the springs i need to buy it from them

If anyone has purchased Megan LP's in the last year over other products based on their advertised spring rates, it seems like they will honor that as long as you still have a valid invoice from an active authorized dealer and the product is actively under warranty. Anything else, good luck.

Their customer service is absolutely horrendous.

I'm selling my Megans if anyone is interested...

Last edited by viprtwo; 10-17-13 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-18-13, 01:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ doesn't sound unreasonable. after all, it's a bit much to expect a company to perform warranty repairs/replacement work on a product that's out of warranty.