Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Sway and Springs or Coils?

Old 05-22-13, 09:48 PM   #1
gFREAKy
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Sway and Springs or Coils?

Long story short, its either an assault rifle or coilovers. I think I will be buying a gun cuz you cant kill a dude in your house with your car.. so my question is, are sway bars and swift springs going to be a night and day difference compared to stock? I haven an '06 IS350, and I recently hit a deer, I ended up with a Passat... haha... as a rental. It has less body roll than my 350, wtf is up with that? Think my suspension is old and needs replaced?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
gFREAKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 10:08 PM   #2
laobo979
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

You musta never driven a German car before. They handle way better than Toyota will out the show room floor. Will a swaybar and spring make a difference sure from stock.

IS350 08 TP
laobo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 10:11 PM   #3
gFREAKy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laobo979 View Post
You musta never driven a German car before. They handle way better than Toyota will out the show room floor. Will a swaybar and spring make a difference sure from stock.
I mean I knew german cars were nice but I didn't think VW tried to perform well. Anyway, so you're saying my car isn't old and sloppy its just the nature of the car? How big of a difference are you talking?
Old 05-23-13, 12:19 AM   #4
MashinA
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

PetarDimitrov
Send a message via Skype™ to MashinA

u need an assault rifle to protect ur house? where do u live? buy the coils and buy yourself a pistol.
MashinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 05:59 AM   #5
bob4256
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

bob4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinA View Post
u need an assault rifle to protect ur house? where do u live? buy the coils and buy yourself a pistol.
Lmao! I agree

My Build Thread
bob4256 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 07:09 AM   #6
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Albert-Heisler-Photography/200227066700117 albertheislerphotography

Quote:
Probably Iraq
keyframe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 08:24 AM   #7
Sffd103
Fire Slayer
Trader Score: (16)

Search for some brands of coils on here. The most popular are BC Racing, Megan LP, Megan EZ. There are many other brands as well. Look up Sewell Lexus as a vendor on here and register with them your CL info and you'll get a discount.
Sffd103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 06:02 PM   #8
gFREAKy
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyframe13 View Post
Probably Iraq
Lol you guys are asses, I live in a very good township actually. I can't remember the last time there was a crime here.. maybe 3 years ago? I am in no way a "doomsday prepper" I just dont think itll hurt to have a big gun. Already own a pistol lol
Old 05-23-13, 06:03 PM   #9
gFREAKy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sffd103 View Post
Search for some brands of coils on here. The most popular are BC Racing, Megan LP, Megan EZ. There are many other brands as well. Look up Sewell Lexus as a vendor on here and register with them your CL info and you'll get a discount.
I just ordered rear sways like 5 minutes ago. Are megan coils good performance wise? They are priced very well but do they get really stiff?
Old 05-23-13, 06:58 PM   #10
laobo979
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gFREAKy View Post
I just ordered rear sways like 5 minutes ago. Are megan coils good performance wise? They are priced very well but do they get really stiff?
If you want stiff rating go with bcr and they're custom spring rates.

IS350 08 TP
laobo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 08:06 PM   #11
gFREAKy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laobo979 View Post
If you want stiff rating go with bcr and they're custom spring rates.
Thanks, appreciate it. you guys are so much better than the ****ers at my350z.com
Old 05-23-13, 08:30 PM   #12
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (13)

grassy91

Quote:
Thanks, appreciate it. you guys are so much better than the ****ers at my350z.com
Go with custom BCR coilovers and fsport sway bars. Your car will handle great, but the IS will never "feel" as planted as most German cars; it will still be very fun to drive though . Instead of buying an assault rifle, just stock up on hollow-points for your hand gun and save money! And to answer your question about Megans being stiff- yes they are pretty damn stiff on the highest dampening (Megan LP), but I should have gone with BCR only because I think I want a higher spring rate due to the way that I drive. Other than that, I've had my Megan LP's for a long time with no problems
5Zigen A-Spec|Invidia|AFE Intake|F Sport Rear Sway Bar|Tanabe Brace|IS-F Steering Damper|BCR Coilovers|Wald CF rep Rear Spoiler|Wald Rear Lip and Sides|GFX Front Lip|Roof Spoiler|Redouts|6K Lows|6k HID Fogs|Blacked Out Headlights/Foglights|PIAA White Turn Signals|CF Interior Overlay|Aerotect|OEM Sport Pedals|LED Interior|JLC Reverse Bulbs |MusicBox|LED Puddle Lamps|iJDMtoy LED DRL slim module|LED Parking Lights|17% Tint|Hankook V12

Last edited by A_Grasso; 05-23-13 at 08:34 PM..
A_Grasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 09:01 PM   #13
gFREAKy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Grasso View Post
Go with custom BCR coilovers and fsport sway bars. Your car will handle great, but the IS will never "feel" as planted as most German cars; it will still be very fun to drive though . Instead of buying an assault rifle, just stock up on hollow-points for your hand gun and save money! And to answer your question about Megans being stiff- yes they are pretty damn stiff on the highest dampening (Megan LP), but I should have gone with BCR only because I think I want a higher spring rate due to the way that I drive. Other than that, I've had my Megan LP's for a long time with no problems
Ah ok, I gotcha. I heard a lot of good things about the BCs so I might just go with those. Question about the rear sway, do I need to order anything other than the sway bar itself from sewell? Like any endlinks and whatnot? I believe it comes with 2 bushings
Old 05-23-13, 09:09 PM   #14
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (13)

grassy91

Quote:
Ah ok, I gotcha. I heard a lot of good things about the BCs so I might just go with those. Question about the rear sway, do I need to order anything other than the sway bar itself from sewell? Like any endlinks and whatnot? I believe it comes with 2 bushings
I don't believe so. I think it comes with everything you need
A_Grasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 09:21 PM   #15
gFREAKy
Rookie

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-23-13, 09:21 PM