Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway and Springs or Coils?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-13, 08:48 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway and Springs or Coils?

Long story short, its either an assault rifle or coilovers. I think I will be buying a gun cuz you cant kill a dude in your house with your car.. so my question is, are sway bars and swift springs going to be a night and day difference compared to stock? I haven an '06 IS350, and I recently hit a deer, I ended up with a Passat... haha... as a rental. It has less body roll than my 350, wtf is up with that? Think my suspension is old and needs replaced?
Old 05-22-13, 09:08 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

You musta never driven a German car before. They handle way better than Toyota will out the show room floor. Will a swaybar and spring make a difference sure from stock.
Old 05-22-13, 09:11 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by laobo979
You musta never driven a German car before. They handle way better than Toyota will out the show room floor. Will a swaybar and spring make a difference sure from stock.
I mean I knew german cars were nice but I didn't think VW tried to perform well. Anyway, so you're saying my car isn't old and sloppy its just the nature of the car? How big of a difference are you talking?
Old 05-22-13, 11:19 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u need an assault rifle to protect ur house? where do u live? buy the coils and buy yourself a pistol.
Old 05-23-13, 04:59 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MashinA
u need an assault rifle to protect ur house? where do u live? buy the coils and buy yourself a pistol.
Lmao! I agree
Old 05-23-13, 06:09 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Probably Iraq
Old 05-23-13, 07:24 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Search for some brands of coils on here. The most popular are BC Racing, Megan LP, Megan EZ. There are many other brands as well. Look up Sewell Lexus as a vendor on here and register with them your CL info and you'll get a discount.
Old 05-23-13, 05:02 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by keyframe13
Probably Iraq
Lol you guys are asses, I live in a very good township actually. I can't remember the last time there was a crime here.. maybe 3 years ago? I am in no way a "doomsday prepper" I just dont think itll hurt to have a big gun. Already own a pistol lol
Old 05-23-13, 05:03 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Search for some brands of coils on here. The most popular are BC Racing, Megan LP, Megan EZ. There are many other brands as well. Look up Sewell Lexus as a vendor on here and register with them your CL info and you'll get a discount.
I just ordered rear sways like 5 minutes ago. Are megan coils good performance wise? They are priced very well but do they get really stiff?
Old 05-23-13, 05:58 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gFREAKy
I just ordered rear sways like 5 minutes ago. Are megan coils good performance wise? They are priced very well but do they get really stiff?
If you want stiff rating go with bcr and they're custom spring rates.
Old 05-23-13, 07:06 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by laobo979
If you want stiff rating go with bcr and they're custom spring rates.
Thanks, appreciate it. you guys are so much better than the ****ers at my350z.com
Old 05-23-13, 07:30 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, appreciate it. you guys are so much better than the ****ers at my350z.com
Go with custom BCR coilovers and fsport sway bars. Your car will handle great, but the IS will never "feel" as planted as most German cars; it will still be very fun to drive though . Instead of buying an assault rifle, just stock up on hollow-points for your hand gun and save money! And to answer your question about Megans being stiff- yes they are pretty damn stiff on the highest dampening (Megan LP), but I should have gone with BCR only because I think I want a higher spring rate due to the way that I drive. Other than that, I've had my Megan LP's for a long time with no problems

Last edited by A_Grasso; 05-23-13 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 08:01 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
Go with custom BCR coilovers and fsport sway bars. Your car will handle great, but the IS will never "feel" as planted as most German cars; it will still be very fun to drive though . Instead of buying an assault rifle, just stock up on hollow-points for your hand gun and save money! And to answer your question about Megans being stiff- yes they are pretty damn stiff on the highest dampening (Megan LP), but I should have gone with BCR only because I think I want a higher spring rate due to the way that I drive. Other than that, I've had my Megan LP's for a long time with no problems
Ah ok, I gotcha. I heard a lot of good things about the BCs so I might just go with those. Question about the rear sway, do I need to order anything other than the sway bar itself from sewell? Like any endlinks and whatnot? I believe it comes with 2 bushings
Old 05-23-13, 08:09 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Ah ok, I gotcha. I heard a lot of good things about the BCs so I might just go with those. Question about the rear sway, do I need to order anything other than the sway bar itself from sewell? Like any endlinks and whatnot? I believe it comes with 2 bushings
I don't believe so. I think it comes with everything you need
Old 05-23-13, 08:21 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Sway and Springs or Coils?