Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 AWD Suspension thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 07:08 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250TW
Just went to take a pic....

Guess they're wrong....
yeah i saw people use stech on awd before i got mine
i think it's not that it's not compatible...just not "tested" so kind of like use at your own discretion thing
i agree with you ..springs are just springs....awd and rwd probably have same shocks too?
maybe just a marketing scheme to sell us something for higher price
Old 01-09-13, 07:38 AM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
yeah i saw people use stech on awd before i got mine
i think it's not that it's not compatible...just not "tested" so kind of like use at your own discretion thing
i agree with you ..springs are just springs....awd and rwd probably have same shocks too?
maybe just a marketing scheme to sell us something for higher price
shocks are another story
there is a C shaped part that is not shown in the pic i took because its on the Megan coils I have
the C shaped part is awd only, to avoid hitting the AWD axle i think
thats why there is no bottom part of the suspension to connect with the arms

so RWD and AWD shocks are not compatible
Old 01-09-13, 07:41 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

if its anything like the GS the rears are the same but yes the front are different because of the C bracket attached to the bottom of the front shocks that go around the axle
Old 01-10-13, 07:39 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

IS250TW, I have a bunch of questions for you.

1. Could you explain a little bit more about the "wobble"? Is it just in the steering wheel or can you feel the whole car wobble? Do you feel it at low speeds, high speeds, or all the time? And have you done a 4 wheel alignment, etc. to try and fix the issue?

2. How long have you been driving that low, and have you experienced any other issues besides the vibration and wobble? Things like components wearing out quicker, etc.

3. Finally, could you tell me what your rim and tire specs are? Did you have to do anything to the fenders/rear quarters to get them to fit? Any rubbing?

4. I'm assuming that you're running a camber kit. Front and rear, or just rear? And what brand?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm about to drop some money on a new set of coilovers, and I just want to prepare myself for the worst, lol.

I'm on stock suspension right now, but the shocks are feeling a little worn down. I'm about to place an order with AMR Engineering for a custom coilover setup. I'll post pics and stuff when they finish building them in a couple of months or so.
Old 01-10-13, 02:35 PM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sm1ke
IS250TW, I have a bunch of questions for you.

1. Could you explain a little bit more about the "wobble"? Is it just in the steering wheel or can you feel the whole car wobble? Do you feel it at low speeds, high speeds, or all the time? And have you done a 4 wheel alignment, etc. to try and fix the issue?

2. How long have you been driving that low, and have you experienced any other issues besides the vibration and wobble? Things like components wearing out quicker, etc.

3. Finally, could you tell me what your rim and tire specs are? Did you have to do anything to the fenders/rear quarters to get them to fit? Any rubbing?

4. I'm assuming that you're running a camber kit. Front and rear, or just rear? And what brand?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm about to drop some money on a new set of coilovers, and I just want to prepare myself for the worst, lol.

I'm on stock suspension right now, but the shocks are feeling a little worn down. I'm about to place an order with AMR Engineering for a custom coilover setup. I'll post pics and stuff when they finish building them in a couple of months or so.

1. I don't think that would be solvable... its a feeling around 25-30 when accelerating/decelerating and the car feels shaky.. (maybe someone can chime in, i tend to ignore that feeling lol)

2. i just lowered my car on coils almost a year, before that it was on springs about a year as well. I am going to post a thread about the issue I currently have.

3. I used to have 19x8.5 +30 all around, front isnt rubbing when I was on springs but it will rub if you are on coils and low enough (id say below 25.5 inch fender-ground) and the rears wont be a problem. So about the more aggressive fitment you would need to look up the aggressive wheels thread. Oh, and I didn't do anything... I'd just let them rub along..... lol

4. No, I'm not. My wheels aren't aggressive enough.

Cool, let us know the result
Old 01-20-13, 05:51 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default F-sport springs

So my f-sport springs are arriving on monday and Im having a local shop put them on because I think they are a direct replacement without any adjusting, am i correct? or should I be concerned about anything. I dont think they know how to do too much custom work so I am hoping its simple.

Any experience with the ride, I dont want it to get worse cause the roads in NYC are f-ed up.

I just upgraded to 18's so i wanna keep a comfortable ride and not have issues with rubbing or blowouts.
Old 01-26-13, 01:14 PM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

I am lowered on Megan EZ's and so far no problems. Car is a 2007 IS250 AWD. 25 inches from fender to ground all around.

Old 01-27-13, 03:01 PM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

^^^ how's the ride compared to stock? I am dealing with the same question?
Old 01-27-13, 03:37 PM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

It is just as smooth if not a little better than stock. I have the dial 8 clicks from the hard side. I am getting it aligned tomorrow so after I will be able to give you a better description.
Old 04-18-13, 03:36 PM
pearllex09
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the h&r springs do you have to cut the bumpstops? How bad are these vibrations people are experiencing?
Old 04-25-13, 11:39 PM
guesswh0
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So, is 25" from ground to fender about a 2" drop?

Does anyone have pictures of 19s and 25" from ground to fender?
Old 04-28-13, 08:00 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by guesswh0
So, is 25" from ground to fender about a 2" drop?

Does anyone have pictures of 19s and 25" from ground to fender?
Yea from what I remember, it's 2".

Here's a few pics of my car when I had 19's at 25" ground to fender.

For me, this height is mehhh. I think 24.5 looks much better. That half inch makes a very noticeable difference.
Old 04-28-13, 09:04 AM
guesswh0
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the photo!

Yeah, I will be putting some 19s on once I install my coilovers, but I agree with you. That height is to me. I guess I can maybe push it to 24.5" ground to fender.

Hopefully no cv boot damage or anything.