Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just thought I'd share

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-12, 01:50 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just thought I'd share

My Supra TT LCA's (w/ Daizen Bushings) arrived today

Check out this quality packaging
(Honestly, Im surprised UPS even shipped it).

Old 08-09-12, 03:06 PM
scoobySC3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-09-12, 04:17 PM
SaintLouSC
Rookie

Just a fore warning, my car is stuck on a lift waiting for 4 camber bolts. I had to saw out the back 2 because they were rusted inside the sleeve. Seems like they catch all the road debris and seize up tight. My advice would be to bite the bullet and order them beforehand so you don't get screwed like I did!
Old 08-09-12, 04:55 PM
RINTHAL
Rookie

You should of refused it and had ups do a claim on it. Ups automatically covers $100 of each shipment. All you have to do is show proof of value of the item with your receipt. Daizen may have covered there own insurance so they wouldnt be losing anything, you already paid them. Ups will issue you a refund check and the package will go to ups freight warehouse in your area. Go find out where it is and go buy it back for literally nothing.

Ups freight warehouse is open to the public. You can go in and rummage through broken containers, pallets, and boxes. Since the item is so small it will be in bin but for the bigger stuff they auction it off. 9 times out of 10 the items are not damaged. It's ups shipping guarantee that thy must up hold so they send it there. Sry to get crazy with it, I used to work for ups freight warehouse lol. Just letting yall know how to get your side hussle on!
Old 08-09-12, 07:36 PM
718murdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RINTHAL
You should of refused it and had ups do a claim on it. Ups automatically covers $100 of each shipment. All you have to do is show proof of value of the item with your receipt. Daizen may have covered there own insurance so they wouldnt be losing anything, you already paid them. Ups will issue you a refund check and the package will go to ups freight warehouse in your area. Go find out where it is and go buy it back for literally nothing.

Ups freight warehouse is open to the public. You can go in and rummage through broken containers, pallets, and boxes. Since the item is so small it will be in bin but for the bigger stuff they auction it off. 9 times out of 10 the items are not damaged. It's ups shipping guarantee that thy must up hold so they send it there. Sry to get crazy with it, I used to work for ups freight warehouse lol. Just letting yall know how to get your side hussle on!
I never knew that about UPS,
so you're saying someone can go to their local UPS freight store and just take miscellaneous items from the bin?
Old 08-09-12, 07:47 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Originally Posted by RINTHAL

Originally Posted by 718murdoc
I never knew that about UPS,
so you're saying someone can go to their local UPS freight store and just take miscellaneous items from the bin?
Yeah really, I didn't know about this either...
I wish I knew sooner, I already threw out the box.
The LCA's are in my trunk ready to be taken to SupraDr.

Damn :\

Well, from what you're saying I don't think it woulda worked for me, 'cus:
A. Daizen no longer exists, and
B. I bought the LCA's from a dude on Supra Forums. He had the Daizen bushings already, and simply included them.

Anyway, can you tell us a bit more about this?
'Cus Im'a take advantage and go to UPS for stuff
What do I say when I get there?

Last edited by SEIDO; 08-09-12 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-09-12, 08:00 PM
RINTHAL
Rookie

Haha whoops I opened up a can of worms... Yeah after I posted I re-read and you said supra lca with Daizen bushings I thought you got it from Daizen sry lol!

But yeah it's the ups freight shipping warehouse it's not a store. It is generally open to the public but for auction days sometimes they require to have resellers/federal tax Id and business license etc but that is on big **** like pallets and stuff. Often times big companies like dell who ship stuff in bulk to companies and wholesalers the pallet itself will be broken but not the contents inside. It's too much of a liability and since dell pays way too much in shipping every year ups doesn't dispute it and they end up at the freight warehouse.

But yeah it varies from town/warehouse but here in Richmond mon-Fri you can just roll up and pick threw the buy it now stuff and bins. I haven't worked there in like 6 yrs but yeah that is how it works.

The warehouse down here is in an industrial area with Tina of recyclers and machine shops and people just buy boxes that says motorsports or anything car like and they will flip it like crazy.
Old 08-09-12, 08:32 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Thats phat.
Im hittin' 'em up.
My boy works for UPS at he HUB (Philly Airport).
Old 08-09-12, 11:01 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

lol i worked at a UPS hub, saw **** like that all the time. lookin forward to progress pics.
Old 08-10-12, 11:22 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

^ Will do

Gonna have the cleaned up, and powder-coated first!
Old 08-14-12, 07:40 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My control arms arrived this F'ed up from a vendor here. Not their fault. UPS messed it up.
The first set got stolen from my door before i could get home that day. Can imagine the twits that hauled off the box only to find something they couldnt use. WOuld they even know what car is it for.?

The second set literally took months to arrive as they were on backorder

I was smart and ordered them before hand before i took a saw to my old LCAs
Old 08-14-12, 09:29 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

had a package stolen from my doorstep too. Lucky it wasnt anything expansive so i just reordered the part. I'd love to know who did it so i can kick their sorry A$$ though!