Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

suspension advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 10:20 PM
koncept
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension advice...

I just took out my tanabe nf210 lowering springs because of too much tire wearing issues...the drop was probably 3 inch in the rear and 2.5 in the front so I had to take them out and put the stocks I now want to do a whole new suspension but with only like a inch drop all the way around because I really just can't. Do the ugly stock look. I want to make sure that I will not have any abnormal tire wear what so ever. I want to know the best springs to get with best ride height at about of an inch drop matched with best camber kit for rear and front
Old 12-11-11, 06:51 AM
SuthrnGent
Lead Lap

Eibach pro-kit will give you about a 1" drop all around. Spc makes a front and rear camber kit for the IS and they're pretty decently priced. Keep your alignment in check periodically,especially your toe. Good luck
Old 12-12-11, 03:02 PM
koncept
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it. I just can't stand to see my car so high anymore lol
Old 01-04-12, 01:54 AM
DLo_IS300
Driver

I'm on Tein S-tech Springs w/ Tokico Illumina shocks and the drop is 1.3" Front and 1.5" Rear. Here's how it looks
Old 01-09-12, 07:13 AM
koncept
Driver School Candidate

Looks real good Dlo. The toxico illuminas are adjustable right? How's the ride? I like your drop that's pretty much what I'm looking for.
Old 01-15-12, 12:01 AM
MyLittleIS
Rookie

why dont you just get a set of coilovers? you can get the Megan ez-street for just a bit more than a spring shock set up
Old 01-15-12, 02:38 PM
boostedka
Driver School Candidate

id be interested in hearing what people have to say about coilovers and if it has affected their ride quality and how bad if it has. my experience with coilovers is that it has effected ride quality and i know with lexus people are looking for ride quality. then again it probably has to do a lot with whick coilovers you go with.
Old 05-12-12, 07:34 PM
Roninsan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BC Racing coilovers seems to be getting a consistent pattern of good feedback and I'm sure you can order spring rates that are not going to make your teeth chatter if you are daily driving your Lexus.

To hopefully answer your question, yes any coilovers will be notably changing your ride quality to stiffer ride in comparison to the stock suspension. I do not think a majority of the Lexus owners that do commit to riding on coilovers consider it "bad" but more of more responsive and directly planted to the road itself . If you are referring quality to the coilover itself then maybe consider Tein or Fortune Auto, but the bottom line is after you do your research based on what you plan on using your Lexus for you might still opt for BC Racing, Megan, HKS, Apexi, Tein, or Stance.

Just remember you can always ask for specific spring rates as I did when I ordered my coilovers from Fortune Auto to obtain close to a daily driver comfy ride, but still hit the track on the weekends.