Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension shop in VA/MD/DC Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 06:08 PM
toan414
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension shop in VA/MD/DC Area

Does anyone have any recommendation of any experiences Lexus/Toyota suspension shop in the DC metro area? Searching on Google didn't help much.

Got my F Sport Springs (updated version) installed a few weeks back from Agile Auto in Bel Air on my AWD 350 with stock springs. Contacted them about this also, but I know they specialize in Subarus, hoping to get a second shop opinion.

The suspension is absolutely fine and got rid of the 4x4 look. However, the rear passenger side is making a popping/thumb going over a medium/big bump or pothole. Does not sound like metal to metal contact. Best description I have is, it sounds like something is hitting the rear wheel well liner, pushing a dent in, then popping back out afterwards. I inspected the rear wheel well but didnt see any sign of rubbing. Nothing in my trunk is loose and physically looked but can't tell if anything is wrong. Cannot repeat that noise with the rear driver side, it only happens on the passenger side. Only thing loosed in my empty trunk is that black case for the tools, everything else is secured.

Maybe someone here has any input or idea. Tried checking the rear sway bar and control arms, but can't do much, and seems like they were tight. Looked on here for weird noises after lowering but couldnt find much. Car is brand new so I dont think it is any parts that are worn.

Trying to have someone who knows lexus/car suspension to look at it. Most shops I know in rockville area only do euro cars.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-11, 08:31 AM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

you probably would have better responses in the NELOC thread, but try checking out PTuning in Manassas VA thats where most of the members around here go to get their cars worked on
Old 12-05-11, 02:40 PM
HMFIC
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS2FIFTY
you probably would have better responses in the NELOC thread, but try checking out PTuning in Manassas VA thats where most of the members around here go to get their cars worked on
I 2nd this. Ptuning sponsors my turbo s2000 and Alberto has an 07 lexus AWD as well. He's one of the mechanics.