Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjusting TEINs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-02, 11:40 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting TEINs

Hey Guys,

I just received my Tein Flex coilovers, but start to fiddle around with the black adjustment **** on the absorber...How do you get it back to the stiffest setting? Do you just unscrew the threaded hex nut with that extra long hex tool with green handle and re-install the black **** until it starts to turn before it starts clicking? Making any sense??? lol...probably not. Sorry guys...just got to excited!!!
Old 09-04-02, 11:33 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, congrads on your purchase of the flex. Its an awesome system that will reap you long term rewards. I know the excitement and I too fell under the fiddling syndrome when I first received them. The black caps on the top of all the coils are removable and just protect the dampening piece that can be turned using the hex nut. For starters they should be fully turned counterclockwise using the hex wrench. This will set them to the softest settings. I would have them installed this way, which i believe is the default and than go harder from there if that is what you prefer. Also, the hardest part is getting the setting the ride height to your liking. I had my mechanic adjust and readjust at least 10 times before I finally got it right.
Let us know what how you like them. Also, if you dont already have the sways than get them. The sways and the flex really compliment each other and seem to work as 1 entity.
Old 09-05-02, 02:01 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew - Thanks! Actually, the **** with the hex came off the damper where it connects to the threaded end with the two flats, so I needed to know how I should reset them to the stiffest setting. I called TEIN and Tuan was able to help me figure it out, so all is well!