Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

a tale of my new springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-02, 05:28 AM
myGS&me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking a tale of my new springs

once upon a time i ordered H&R springs.

got a call friday from speedwurk... my springs were in. saturday morning drove over and handed my keys to friend anthony who was gonna install. minutes later, wheels off and car lifted, anthony started installing, of which the beginning is more like tearing the suspension apart. few hours (that seemed like forever), many cigarettes, a lot of bottled water (mostly for anthony) and 4 springs later, my car was settled down. to describe in one word: joy. standing next to my buddy's GS, the drop was very noticable. cut a check to speedwurk and told them i'll come to the duarte shop for alignment on tuesday. today went to duarte speedwurk and got aligned. camber wasn't too big deal (only 1.4 drop wouldn't need camber kit on GS), and the settle was perfect.

the drive ride? beautiful.
drop? perfect. (IMO of course )
installation? immaculate.
another mod to make your car look and drive just that much more better?
priceless.

just fyi, i'm running stock shocks (until i get Ltuned shocks in a couple months, at least). my shocks arent too old.. ~22000 miles. ride is still perfect. especially after alignment. the drop is low enough but i realized that with Ltuned exhaust the muffler is much higher than stock so i dont have to worry about scraping that much. H&R's drop 1.4 in the back, but my car looks level since my rear sags from my system back there. initially, the camber did butterfly a tad but after realignment the ride is oh so nice. Ltuned ecu becomes more noticable too.. ride & handling so much better than stock, and had no problem with stock suspension. other than tint, this is the only other mod i didnt do myself. but speedwurk service & quality is one that i trust so i am satisfied. glad they finally opened up shop in diamond bar...

i hope that in some way my little tale helps somebody.. anybody. i always get a urge to share with the world when i do something to my car. this concludes my pointless story of joy. btw... did i mention i love my new springs??

thanks to:: anthony & speedwurk motorsport for your quality service, gs4will for ur advice and support; my bud will who sat through the whole operation with me (now i have to sit through his 2morrow..); anyone who ever posted in the suspension forum for inspiring me; everyone who reads this for letting me share my joy with you all...

latez guys!
-Art
Old 09-04-02, 10:41 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear you like your new springs. I just installed the same ones along with Bilstein shocks. The ride seem quite good so far, but I'm giving them time to settle before I pass final judgement.
Old 09-05-02, 10:33 PM
myGS&me
Driver School Candidate

its been a few days.. almost a week since install and my springs have started to become very very good friends of my car. i'm loving the ride so far, gonna milk these stock struts and then pop in Ltuned shocks later on down the road. but for now, i am very giddy with my springs..

i wish i had a tad more drop in the front... (yea.. back pushing a little more wieght with my JL). my stoopid box is so heavy.. break my back trying to lift that little 12'. o well, better stop complaining.. can't live without my JL!
hm.. maybe i'll have my brothers sit on the front of my car! i mean, i could just put like a bunch of sandbags on my hood, right??

mumbles.. the H&R's dont settle much, do they? almost a week of speedbumps and driveways and my springs are pretty much exact same when i looked side by side with my friend's GS done yesterday. hope your Bilsteins (nice!) are running great and your suspension is good to you. how long has it been since you put in your H&R's?
Old 09-06-02, 04:54 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you're enjoying yourself so much. but its all downhill from here. watch, you'll be dying for sway bars and all that stuff you really don't need, but want so badly.

H&R sure dont settle much, not few ever settle more than they do at first. i wish they were a little lower. i'm also running on the stock shocks for now and everything is fine. i didn't notice a handling difference really though. enjoy out there...
Old 09-06-02, 10:04 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Default stock shocks

I was also running stock shocks with Eibach springs for a long time, nearly 35,000 miles, but they started showing major signs of wear so I recently bought a set of coilovers...Eventually, sooner than later...they will go out.

P.S. Enjoy the springs!!!