Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front Lower Control Arm Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 11:30 PM
MadMish
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Lower Control Arm Options

Hey everyone,

My front LCAs are starting to get tired, they still are fine, but I know that I'm going to have to replace them in the next few years.
Here in Australia, Toyota have quoted me nearly $2000 per arm. It didn't matter if I used the Supra or Soarer part numbers, price was pretty much the same.
Due to this price, OEM FLCAs are not really looking like a viable option for me.

So my questions are:
1. What are you guys in the US selecting these days to replace the front lower control arms? Interested to see what everyone is doing now.- as most threads I have seen are a number of years old (when OEM pricing seemed more reasonable).
2. Is OEM significantly cheaper in your part of the world, or has pricing gone up with the surge in interest in Supras and crazy JDM pricing?
3. Has anyone recently installed and reviewed aftermarket front lower control arms?
- I can get Ikeya Formula (a pair) for the price of 1 x OEM - but I understand these are more for track rather than street driving, and I'm not convinced that the ball joints on them will be problem free.
- Serial Nine seem to only make an upper version but not lower unfortunately.

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-28-21, 03:46 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Elmhurst has them for $500 new each USD which is about $685 AUD; this is what I plan on doing. many make racing/drift arms like FIGS/Ikeya but I'm not a fan of daily driving an open heim or spherical joint. When googling it also looks like Agile performance in NZ makes arms with replaceable balljoints, not sure how tough they are but its $650 USD for the pair.

https://agileperformancenz.com/produ...r-control-arms
Old 08-28-21, 02:07 PM
MadMish
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Joe. I did some more searching using the supra part numbers and found some new for just over 400 USD each on partsouq. Shipping was reasonable so I decided to order them and some new KYB shock all round.