Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Master Cylinder Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 03:49 PM
MrGetRT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Cylinder Replacement

I was wondering if anybody had information concerning the correct part numbers for replacing a 1999 Sc300 Master cylinder. I been driving around for a few weeks now with no rear brakes. There are no visible brake fluid leaks along the system, but when i apply pressure to the brake paddle, it sinks almost all the way to the floor then the front calipers engage.

My car has a button that allows an overdrive setting for more power and an underdrive setting labeled snow. I'm think that's the traction control? But im not absolutely sure. When i have time i gonna try to bleed the system again, but im pretty sure i'll need to replace the master cylinder.

Any info, you guys got for me would be a blessing. thanks.
Old 08-07-10, 06:59 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a different problem with my breaks, where they would slowely appy themselves at random times. I'd have to pull over and release the pressure from one of the lines connecting to the master-cylinder with a small wrench. Ended up being a master-cylinder problem. I'd say your on the right track, seems like any wierd break problems ends up being a master-cylinder problem.
Anyways, first things first, is I would STOP driving your car! Especially given that you dont know what the problem exactly is, it may decide to happen to your front breaks as-well and then your scerwed..
As far as a part number, just call a Lexus dealership near you and they'll have it for you.
Old 08-09-10, 06:22 PM
MrGetRT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, just need to find the time.