Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help with UAS Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 03:11 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with UAS Air suspension

Im thinking about buying a complete air suspension kit but i have no wrench capabilities what so ever haha so im looking for someone in the Orange County Area, "im in westminster (714)" that would like to help me set this bad boy up haha Ill pay for food and drinks maybe even a lil bbq
Old 05-24-10, 04:52 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oo boy sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 05-24-10, 05:09 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its probably going to take a whole day....remove seats, run wires, run air lines, re-install interior, mount tank and compressors, mount struts, and test for leaks.

i took 3 separate Saturdays to do my Air Runners myself...no helper.
Old 05-24-10, 05:12 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

It will take more than a few days, a lot of stuff is involved so u need to tackle it in steps.
Old 05-24-10, 05:22 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dejavu157
oo boy sounds like a lot of fun!
Haha who did yours dejavu ?? o and did you go to the socal meet last thursday didnt see you..

Originally Posted by PHML
its probably going to take a whole day....remove seats, run wires, run air lines, re-install interior, mount tank and compressors, mount struts, and test for leaks.

i took 3 separate Saturdays to do my Air Runners myself...no helper.
Dangggggg so this is gonna take a bunch of bbqs ahaha whos in

Originally Posted by rgarjr
It will take more than a few days, a lot of stuff is involved so u need to tackle it in steps.
Dangggg is there any diys for this might try and bust it with my bro if no one helps lol
Old 05-24-10, 05:23 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why not just pay someone. bet someone would do it for like 500 if you asked nice enough
Old 05-24-10, 05:28 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

i couldnt make it to the meet. me and my buddy did it but he went to the army. he did all the hard stuff, i did all the b***h work =P. UAS i would say is a lil harder to put together since theres more custom work..
Old 05-24-10, 05:38 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Read up on the installation...if you have an understanding of what you need to do, the tools to do it...and if planned it out accordingly...then install is not that bad. I suggest doing it phases, like what I did.

If you are trying to install complete in 1 day...you will need lots of helpers who know what to do. If helpers are clueless or have no wrenching capabilites like yourself....then its going to be a disaster = hire someone.
Old 05-24-10, 05:44 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
why not just pay someone. bet someone would do it for like 500 if you asked nice enough
Haha if only i had 500 dollars after getting the bags lol

Originally Posted by dejavu157
i couldnt make it to the meet. me and my buddy did it but he went to the army. he did all the hard stuff, i did all the b***h work =P. UAS i would say is a lil harder to put together since theres more custom work..
Damn we need to get your friend back from the army asap lol

Originally Posted by PHML
Read up on the installation...if you have an understanding of what you need to do, the tools to do it...and if planned it out accordingly...then install is not that bad. I suggest doing it phases, like what I did.

If you are trying to install complete in 1 day...you will need lots of helpers who know what to do. If helpers are clueless or have no wrenching capabilites like yourself....then its going to be a disaster = hire someone.
Hahaha yea probably would end up in a disaster if i did it alone my bros a mechanic so maybe hell understand how to do this if not anyone know anybody in Orange County that installs bags for cheap
Old 05-24-10, 05:46 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

i could help you but let me now your plans like were you want your tanks what kind of meter are you going to run? size line i would do 1/4 inch heres mine although i did redo it again..
Attached Thumbnails Need help with UAS Air suspension-air-bag-set-up.jpg  
Old 05-24-10, 05:53 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

gunna have to offer more than food n drinks for a job like this!!

air suspension aint the easiest nor is it the hardest.. its just time consuming which can take a day or 2..

bag installation usually ranges from $500 all the way up to $1000 i think.. better be some rare $500 steak on the plate! lol
Old 05-24-10, 05:54 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tom steele
i could help you but let me now your plans like were you want your tanks what kind of meter are you going to run? size line i would do 1/4 inch heres mine although i did redo it again..
Uhhhhhh the one im planning to get is this one https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gen...-complete.html haha and would put it in the trunk i guess but hmmmmmmmm would i have to take out my sub out cause of the tanks!!!!!!!!!?????

And also i would like to warn you i dont know sh@t about this stuff man so you would probably need to bust this pretty much solo like dejavu said i would do the b@tch work ...
Old 05-24-10, 05:56 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn

air suspension aint the easiest nor is it the hardest.. its just time consuming which can take a day or 2..

bag installation usually ranges from $500 all the way up to $1000 i think.. better be some rare $500 steak on the plate! lol
Ahaha damnn maybe i can get a bunch of guys to work on it and split the 500 bucks evenly amongst them lol
Old 05-24-10, 06:28 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn

A day or two is an understatement if you have no idea what you're doing. I think the first time I ever saw an air suspension it took us 4-5 weekends over a period of 3 months to figure it out since no one had any clue what was going on.

btw is your car done yet?

Originally Posted by kped Gs430
Ahaha damnn maybe i can get a bunch of guys to work on it and split the 500 bucks evenly amongst them lol
Having a bunch of people there won't help if they have no idea what is going on. You're only paying for the people with knowledge.

Like PHML was saying, do the install in stages. figure out how everything works before you tear apart your car or it'll be sitting on jack stands for a long time. Just remember...installing the bags on the car is the last step. Getting the compressors and valves to work flawlessly should be your first priority.

Good luck on your install.
Old 05-24-10, 08:44 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

one full day no problem i have had my system in and out so many times i have it down to a system.. what struts are you going to use and i used two 3 gallon tanks in the spare tire so i could still have my bass..
Attached Thumbnails Need help with UAS Air suspension-trunk-sub.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need help with UAS Air suspension