Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Prothane front control arm bushing , 53$

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-09, 10:00 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I post that question beacuse I am flabergasted by how much an entire Daizen bushing replacement is compaired to the Jegs 60+ shipping price.

Its rare but confirmed. Full kit for the fronts so I have been told.
Old 04-13-09, 10:33 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I post that question beacuse I am flabergasted by how much an entire Daizen bushing replacement is compaired to the Jegs 60+ shipping price.
just so you know the daizen kit IS made by prothane.

i purchased a daizen lower bushing kit from a member on here a while ago but never installed it. then i came across a hell of a deal, which was till a bit more then jegs, on the front bushing kit.

i compared the daizen and prothane kits. guess what. they are identical. even the part numbers stamped into the two bushings are same.

i have been saying for a very long time already to people that daizen is an upmarked version of prothane.
Old 04-14-09, 04:50 PM
jer_con
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes.....

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
Any complaints about squeaking/noises?
I used Polyurethane when I replaced my Sway Bar Bushings (front + back) they squeek like mad; drives me insane. Going back to rubber for sure.
Old 04-14-09, 05:29 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jer_con
I used Polyurethane when I replaced my Sway Bar Bushings (front + back) they squeek like mad; drives me insane. Going back to rubber for sure.
lube them properly. you also have to lube them regularly. ie at least once every 6 months.

there is a reason fro poly sway bar bushings over rubber. if you want an easier solution get some energy bushings along with their brackets. they have an option that includes a grease fitting. the only service is occasionally taking the grease gun out.
Old 06-11-09, 06:08 PM
SYM
Driver School Candidate

I purchased mine from passracing.com they're prothane authorized dealer and wholesaler their price is much cheaper than every one you listed
Old 06-11-09, 08:33 PM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

on jegs.com they have a nation wide back order.
Old 06-11-09, 09:49 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grindin8o8
on jegs.com they have a nation wide back order.
I'm pretty sure Jegs doesn't stock them. They just order them from prothane as they get orders.

That or they have been consitantly back ordered for 2 years now
Old 06-14-09, 10:26 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

with shipping and everything it comes to about $102 shipped to Canada .. that's about half the price of the bushings.. damn.. lol
Old 06-14-09, 04:09 PM
LEXpert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
Any complaints about squeaking/noises?
I changed just the lowers so far and they're silent. Cleaned the shiiiiiiiit out of everything when I put it together. You gotta cut remove the rubber from the original bushing, but leave the metal shell in. I removed every last little piece of rubber, using a wire wheel that fit snugly in the shell. Also have to clean the inner sleeves of the original bushings. I cleaned the hell out of them, then polished them with autosol metal polish till they were mirror smooth. I didn't lube the outside of the bushings to get them into the arms, instead I put the bushings in the freezer to shrink them, and pushed them into the arms. Lubed the inner sleeves w/ the supplied grease as well as the faces where it rubs on the car. No noise issues at all.
Old 06-14-09, 07:43 PM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXpert
I changed just the lowers so far and they're silent. Cleaned the shiiiiiiiit out of everything when I put it together. You gotta cut remove the rubber from the original bushing, but leave the metal shell in. I removed every last little piece of rubber, using a wire wheel that fit snugly in the shell. Also have to clean the inner sleeves of the original bushings. I cleaned the hell out of them, then polished them with autosol metal polish till they were mirror smooth. I didn't lube the outside of the bushings to get them into the arms, instead I put the bushings in the freezer to shrink them, and pushed them into the arms. Lubed the inner sleeves w/ the supplied grease as well as the faces where it rubs on the car. No noise issues at all.
wait you can put the bushings in the freezer to shrink it? how does that work? don't you have to get the bushings pressed in?
Old 06-14-09, 07:55 PM
66fasty
Driver

freezer makes them shrink enough to fit in.I ordered some on may 26th and my order is still listed as backordered.
Old 06-15-09, 04:22 AM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 66fasty
freezer makes them shrink enough to fit in.I ordered some on may 26th and my order is still listed as backordered.
how long do you leave it in the ferezer? and when you take it out the freezer, does it go back to it's original size?
Old 06-15-09, 09:02 AM
66fasty
Driver

Probably put them in for 20-30min or longer doesnt matter,And once they get back to room temperature they'll go back to their original size
Old 06-15-09, 09:08 AM
bodydrager
Rookie

Originally Posted by 66fasty

Yeah I did the same. It said they would ship out the next business day on May 18. Then I get an email that it is on backorder for 3 to 9 weeks. But it is ok since i've been working in Paris for 3 weeks already.
Old 06-15-09, 11:18 AM
LEXpert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just threw them in the freezer before i started working on the car, and by the time the old bushings were out, they'd been in the freezer plenty long enough. The instructions say to grease the outside and push them in by hand...that might be a little tough, but I don't think they'd actually need to be pressed in with a press. Mine slipped in easy, and I have them a couple taps with a rubber hammer for good measure.

Also, for those who don't know, the prothane bushings replace just the rubber in the stock bushings, not the inner sleeve and outer shell, like some other brands

Last edited by LEXpert; 06-15-09 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Prothane front control arm bushing , 53$