Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SAGE Racing Coilovers + Tein EDFC

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-09, 04:23 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea they are still too new. Google doesn't get me any results, and neither does the search function on CL. I'd wait a bit longer for more information.
Old 03-17-09, 04:11 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its past midnight...I was curious...so I started playing around with my Tein EDFC and installed them onto the SAGE coilovers...it fits and works well.

To clarify, the black EDFC adapters provided by SAGE didn't work too well....so I decided to remove the silver EDFC adapters from my old Tein CS coilovers...and installed them to the SAGE coilovers...works better .
And yes...I did check the top screw on the EDFC unit actually turns when changing settings.

I just took it for a brief spin....butt meter says it works....I can feel the difference between the hard and soft settings.

Pics...

Front Pass

Front Driver

Rear Driver

Rear Pass

EDFC unit....at settings 0....8....and 16.

Old 03-17-09, 08:11 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Pete, do you still need the EDFC motor? Also did I ever pm you the shipping quote? I cant remember and I just recently deleted most of my sent PMs.
Old 03-17-09, 01:55 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Looks great Pete, do you still need the EDFC motor? Also did I ever pm you the shipping quote? I cant remember and I just recently deleted most of my sent PMs.
Thanks.

Nope...i didn't get any PM for shipping quote until today
Old 03-17-09, 03:38 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EDFC checks out okay...I'm sold.
Old 03-17-09, 05:56 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PHML
Thanks.

Nope...i didn't get any PM for shipping quote until today

sorry Pete, I get behind on my PMs sometimes
Old 04-22-09, 03:25 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Driving impressions after a month....very smooth like Tein CS....and EDFC controller works like a charm.

For unbiased review...PM CK6speed....he can comment as well...he test drove my car on Sunday.
Old 04-22-09, 04:38 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to PM me, I'll give my comments right here. I'm sold.

I'm riding on Fortune Auto 500 coilovers with a 13kg front and 9kg rear spring. To tell you the truth, I like these coilovers. It's a 40 way damper adjustable so one should be able to find a ride they like. At the softest setting they are still stiffer than stock, but on large dips my car would go down, then, up, then slowly settle so you know they were softly damped. On full hard setting it is pretty stiff. Anyway, on my review of the FA 500 coilovers I believe I once stated that if I could get a 12/8kg spring set up it would be perfect for me. Well, guess what, the Sage ones that PHML has is a 12/8 kg spring. I can feel the difference.

My set up I have 18" rims with 235/40 up front and 275/35 in the rear. On PHML's car he has 20" stretched tires (Not sure of the exact sizes). We both have Daizen sway bars front and rear. Both have the same brand strut tower braces. He has front and rear chassis braces, while I have the TRD replica front brace and 4 of the 6 rear links. The one I'm missing is the one that replaces the stock brace. All things said, my car should ride softer than PHML's, but even with his 20" rims and lower profile tires his car rides softer and smother than mine. The TEIN EDFC works great. I changed settings on the fly here and there from full soft to full hard and you can definitely tell there is a difference. I think it takes about 2 seconds to go from full soft to full hard and the other way around. I helped PHML install these coilovers a few months ago so construction wise I think my Fortune Auto ones appear a little more beefy and solid, but the Sage doesn't look bad at all.

Over all I am sold. The fact that they ride nice and soft due to the 12/8kg spring rates is plus for me. The deal maker is they are compatible with the TEIN EDFC and it works. The other deal maker for me is they are a lot cheaper than TEIN's or many other coilover brands. They drop low if one desires as well. I'm now in the process of removing my Fortune Auto coilovers and will be selling it and getting the Sage and an EDFC controller.

Sage seems to be a very new company. I never heard of them until PHML started using their products. I have their RCA's and they work fine for me. I now have installed and driven on their coilovers and I'm impressed. How long these coilover will last I don't know since they are new, but I can't imagine they'd last any less than Megans or Stance or other affordable coilovers. If they last at least as long as those they are worth it. If they last as long as the big name brand ones, they are a steal.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-23-09 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-23-09, 10:04 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed

I'm riding on Fortune Auto 500 coilovers with a 13kg front and 9kg rear spring. To tell you the truth, I like these coilovers. It's a 40 way damper adjustable so one should be able to find a ride they like. At the softest setting they are still stiffer than stock, but on large dips my car would go down, then, up, then slowly settle so you know they were softly damped. On full hard setting it is pretty stiff. Anyway, on my review of the FA 500 coilovers I believe I once stated that if I could get a 12/8kg spring set up it would be perfect for me. Well, guess what, the Sage ones that PHML has is a 12/8 kg spring. I can feel the difference.

My set up I have 18" rims with 230/40 up front and 275/35 in the rear. On PHML's car he has 20" stretched tires (Not sure of the exact sizes). We both have Daizen sway bars front and rear. Both have the same brand strut tower braces. He has front and rear chassis braces, while I have the TRD replica front brace and 4 of the 6 rear links. The one I'm missing is the one that replaces the stock brace. All things said, my car should ride softer than PHML's, but even with his 20" rims and lower profile tires his car rides softer and smother than mine. The TEIN EDFC works great. I changed settings on the fly here and there from full soft to full hard and you can definitely tell there is a difference. I think it takes about 2 seconds to go from full soft to full hard and the other way around. I helped PHML install these coilovers a few months ago so construction wise I think my Fortune Auto ones appear a little more beefy and solid, but the Sage doesn't look bad at all.

Over all I am sold. The fact that they ride nice and soft due to the 12/8kg spring rates is plus for me. The deal maker is they are compatible with the TEIN EDFC and it works. The other deal maker for me is they are a lot cheaper than TEIN's or many other coilover brands. They drop low if one desires as well. I'm now in the process of removing my Fortune Auto coilovers and will be selling it and getting the Sage and an EDFC controller.

Sage seems to be a very new company. I never heard of them until PHML started using their products. I have their RCA's and they work fine for me. I now have installed and driven on their coilovers and I'm impressed. How long these coilover will last I don't know since they are new, but I can't imagine they'd last any less than Megans or Stance or other affordable coilovers. If they last at least as long as those they are worth it. If they last as long as the big name brand ones, they are a steal.
thanks this is nice to know....how much are these bad boys?
Old 04-24-09, 02:22 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by sakataj
thanks this is nice to know....how much are these bad boys?
I paid $999 shipped to my door (arrived in 3 days) + $30 Western Union wire transfer fee.
Old 04-24-09, 02:31 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by CK6Speed

My set up I have 18" rims with 235/40 up front and 275/35 in the rear. On PHML's car he has 20" stretched tires (Not sure of the exact sizes). We both have Daizen sway bars front and rear. Both have the same brand strut tower braces. He has front and rear chassis braces, while I have the TRD replica front brace and 4 of the 6 rear links. The one I'm missing is the one that replaces the stock brace. All things said, my car should ride softer than PHML's, but even with his 20" rims and lower profile tires his car rides softer and smother than mine. The TEIN EDFC works great. I changed settings on the fly here and there from full soft to full hard and you can definitely tell there is a difference. I think it takes about 2 seconds to go from full soft to full hard and the other way around. I helped PHML install these coilovers a few months ago so construction wise I think my Fortune Auto ones appear a little more beefy and solid, but the Sage doesn't look bad at all.

Wow...very nice writeup Chris.

Btw...my tires are 245/35/20 all around. I also have TOMS 6 links (only using 4 since the last 2 links rub against my Blitz Nur Spec exhaust), and a rear STB as well.
Old 04-24-09, 08:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

I paid $999 shipped to my door (arrived in 3 days) + $30 Western Union wire transfer fee.
thats not bad...i guess u already had the edfc system?

Front Pass
how much u pay for the apex i grounding system? i remember seeing this when it came out but was thinking for the 175-225 they wanted why not make your own? if u dont mind me asking....what did u run all the grounds to?
Old 04-24-09, 11:11 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dang it, i just ordered my megans... haha but its all good.. got a good deal on those tho, todd never hit me back so i decide to go with megans for now..
Old 05-12-09, 02:35 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by sakataj
thats not bad...i guess u already had the edfc system?

how much u pay for the apex i grounding system? i remember seeing this when it came out but was thinking for the 175-225 they wanted why not make your own? if u dont mind me asking....what did u run all the grounds to?
yes..i already had them from my old tein cs v1.

$200+ for the apexi grounding kit.