Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hks Hyper Damper Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-02, 03:26 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hks Hyper Damper Question

Guys,

I recently bought the HKS Hyper Damper kit from this person, however, there was no instructions on how to adjust the height and damper.

How do I adjust the height? The current setup is too low for my vehicle, in order for me to lift the vehicle about 1/2 inch, do I turn clockwise? or counterclockwise?

Also, how do I adjust the damper? The rear ones have the metal thing sticking out and I could turn the metal thing to adjust the damper however, how do I make the ride firmer? turning clockwise or counterclockwise? And the front ones do not have anything to adjust the damper with, how do I adjust the front damper?

Thanks in advance.

Peter~
Old 03-03-02, 03:44 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the forum for HKS...

http://www.hksusa.com/forums/

To adjust the height, you'll have to lift the car, remove the wheel (most likely, if you can reach around, more power to ya!) and there will be two purple anodized "collars". The bottom one is the lock collar, the one above that is the adjustment collar. You turn the lock collar clockwise to unlock it and then you turn the adjustment collar counter-clockwise to raise the suspension up. The adjustment collar should move UP if you want to raise your car. If it doesn't, turn it the otherway (I can't remember if the HKS HM II's use standard threading or reverse)

As for the dampening, you should have received some valve adjustment "caps" so that you can turn the valves on top of the coilovers...

Here's link to a picture...this isn't for a Lexus but you get the idea...

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/1345.jpg
Old 03-03-02, 03:50 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Thanks for the info, manaray. The person who sold me the kit didn't include the tools, do you know where I can get one?

Thanks,

Peter~
Old 03-04-02, 12:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

You can get one from HKS...you should be able to get a manual and any other pieces from them...
Old 03-04-02, 03:54 PM
cupete
Pole Position

manaray,

Thanks for the instruction,

I was able to purchase Allen Hex tools and adjust the front shocks, 30 different settings to choose from, I am impressed. And I was able to provide my own tool to adjust the height on these coilovers, it was pain in the a$$.

By the way, do you have any information on the damper? Which side is firmer? Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise?

Thanks,

Peter~
Old 03-05-02, 02:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I would imagine counterclockwise is to soften, clockwise it to harden...again, you'll want to ask HKS just to make sure!

Glad I could sorta steer you in the right way... Adjusting coilover isn't fun...hehehe...that's why I've never adjusted mine...
Old 03-05-02, 03:08 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Thanks again,

Your guess was right, CCW to soften and CW all the way to achieve the ultimate teeth-shattering experience.

Peter~