Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

** TRD Sways are in ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-01, 07:01 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ** TRD Sways are in ***

Yes, finally, after months of waiting I have received the TRD sways for the GS. I have about 3 extra sets from this order, they are $499.00 for both frt/rear w/bushings.

If you want them now is a good time for that "special gift"
Old 12-12-01, 07:10 AM
JacobT

Steve,

Price drop again Are you working for Wal-Mart? I remember I paid $525 for my last "special gift"
Old 12-12-01, 07:20 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jacob,

Maybe it's "blue light " special

Are you including the shipping price
Old 12-12-01, 07:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Testimonial:

If the sways are installed correctly they're a no brainer to get... makes for great flat cornering!
Old 12-12-01, 07:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,309 Posts

My (and Dexter's) sways are on their way! "Special gift" to myself for Christmas this year!

I'll also give a testimonial about Bit's GS' handling, even if the sways were installed incorrectly at the time .

Bit's car kept flatter than (grinding sound of DaveGS4 thinking of analogies... a Pancake? Kansas? Sandy Duncan?) my 401K earnings this year.
Old 12-19-01, 04:40 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve..hold a set for me i'm calling as soon as you guys open up!!! it's 7:52AM on the EastCoast right now
Old 12-26-01, 09:05 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Default Well

I am interested in the sways but I hear mixed reviews.

I expect it to ride flatter, not alot harsher but some say that the ride gets worse.

What's the real deal?

Bit, glad you got your ride all good again.

Late.

Ryan

Also, what is up with L-Tuned suspension???? All the scraping, banging noises? Is it the springs, shocks, or both, or misinstallation??
Old 12-27-01, 05:10 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Guys...I'm sorry I couldn't take any pictures of the install because I forgot my camera...

Man oh man!!!!...I love those sways....I took a curve yesterday at about 110mph without my tires screaming.....the day before I took the same curve at 90 and thought I was going to flip the car over lol

you can really tell a difference when you hold the sways hand in hand the weight!!! the stock front sway bar weighs in at just under 20lbs and the new TRD Sway weighs just over 70lbs!!!!! and it is just a TAD bit thicker (teenie tiny bit) the rear one is also heavier but I was disappointed when i saw it because that thing cost $230 and it looks like a coat hanger lol....but i'm happy none the less.

Sways make the car so much stiffer in a totally exciting way, you really get to feel the ground and you have just so much more confidence when you are making lane changes and passing people or doing some high speed manueuvers (spelling?)

I think that having TRD Sways, TRD STB and TRD LCB are such a great combination. The car totally feels predictable more like a sports car than a big family boat.

GO FOR IT!!!!!
Old 12-27-01, 06:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Well

Originally posted by AgGS400
I expect it to ride flatter, not alot harsher but some say that the ride gets worse.

What's the real deal?

Bit, glad you got your ride all good again.

Also, what is up with L-Tuned suspension???? All the scraping, banging noises? Is it the springs, shocks, or both, or misinstallation??
Thanks Ryan. Yes, the ride will get harsher with sways over irregularities, that's inevitable if you make it stiffer unless you have electronically controlled variable damping (like ABC on high end MBs). As they say there's no free lunch. For me the trade-off was EASILY worth it. See superjoe's comments too.

As far as L-Tuned... scraping: the car's 1" lower, what do people expect? banging noises: haven't heard it described that harshly. Once in a while if I'm going VERY slowly (2mph?) over a drain dip or speed bump I might hear the springs/shocks compress/creak, but it's NO BIG DEAL. If people want SILENCE drive an LS430 - it's quite, but boring as hell, both like a library.

The only way to tell for yourself is to take a ride with someone who has mods installed and see/hear/feel for yourself.
Old 12-27-01, 06:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by xsuperjoex
Man oh man!!!!...I love those sways...
Joe - so happy for ya... yes, even when my front was installed upside down I was still amazed at how much flatter the car corners.

I took a curve yesterday at about 110mph without my tires screaming.....the day before I took the same curve at 90 and thought I was going to flip the car over lol
:eek: Holy cow - that's haulin' ***. You're a wild 'n crazy guy! BE CAREFUL! Don't want to hear about you getting hurt or in jail.

I think that having TRD Sways, TRD STB and TRD LCB are such a great combination. The car totally feels predictable more like a sports car than a big family boat.
Totally agree. It's a blast. To me the car feels lighter with the mods too! It's weird I know, but maybe because the car feels so tight.