Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY Daizen Steering Rack Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 03:11 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received my shipment of bushings yesterday, May 4th. I ordered them on the 16th of April, but oh well they're here. I installed them, took a couple of flicks. They are hands down the best upgrade I have done on my Lex. I not longer am wondering in my lane, going back and forth. Nor do my wheels shakes at 60-65mph anymore. I feel like this is like a fix all, I kinda feel like I'm getting 2 more hp, and 5 ft-lbs of torque, getting better gas mileage, with lower emissions. And it's all because of my steering rack and sway bar bushings!!! I have 130k on my 430, if you have been putting it off, do it soon!!! Took me an hour to do steering rack and sway bar bushings, on my back with jack stands, in the rain, with a hammer and screw driver.
Old 05-20-09, 07:49 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as an FYI for those wanting to order these bushings....

I first tried to order them from Sewell (CL discount and TM's shipping is a ripoff), but right after I sent the payment Reagan called me and said they no longer carry these bushings (though they DO show up on the website). Daizen changed some of their vendor rules and requires a huge bulk order to get a reasonable price. Reagan said the minimum is far more than they would ever be able to sell.

I had to order from TM because of this, and as of now, have not received any word about them not being able to fulfill my order. I am not sure if Sewell's dealings with Daizen are a one-off or if TM will soon be having the same problem with a bulk mandate from the company.

Sounds to me like if you have been wanting these, now is the time to buy.
Old 05-20-09, 07:52 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I ordered these from TM i got them like almost overnight I think!
Old 05-21-09, 09:57 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've found a easier way to punch out those bushing..... haha all it took was just an 3" and a 6" 3/8s extension and no pliers needed.. really fast and simple

metal to metal would definately work better than the screw driver method.... not to get on you gsteg that just my .02... but thanks to you I got my done
Old 05-21-09, 10:11 AM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
metal to metal would definately work better than the screw driver method.... not to get on you gsteg that just my .02... but thanks to you I got my done
The screwdriver I used had a metal plug on the end to hit, worked perfect for me.
Old 05-21-09, 10:14 AM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I had to order from TM because of this, and as of now, have not received any word about them not being able to fulfill my order.
Yeah, I was in the same boat. Took me about 2 weeks to receive mine, maybe a couple days longer. No email, not contacts, just showed up one day. I was quite angry with them, but man, was I happy when I got them.
Old 05-21-09, 11:16 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

so micheal....what did you end up getting them for from TM? i think sewell has them for 40 but you cant get them form them as we all know...im wanting to get these soon
Old 05-21-09, 11:20 AM
cpone
There can only be One

So this will fix the 60 mph shake?
I am getting the RCA's soon as well.
I am assuming that the RCA's coupled with this will fix my problem. Its annoying as hell frankly.
Old 05-21-09, 12:44 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cpone
I am assuming that the RCA's coupled with this will fix my problem. Its annoying as hell frankly.
it should.... key word hahah took all of my shaking away after i threw my stocks back on + add caster arms and ball joints...plan on gettin some RCA if everything turns the right way for me the next month... should read my other thread i posted

Last edited by GS300ToM; 05-21-09 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 12:47 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
so micheal....what did you end up getting them for from TM? i think sewell has them for 40 but you cant get them form them as we all know...im wanting to get these soon
$50 because TM's shipping is a ripoff...
Old 05-22-09, 11:04 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cpone
its supposed to be cherokee....but u cant find them last one on the classfies which was yesterday lasted all of like 2 hours....lucky sob and sewell cant get them anymore and TM is a disaster maybe i'll contact some other authorized dealers!

$50 because TM's shipping is a ripoff...
micheal thats terrible....10 dollers to ship something that doesnt even weigh a pound. box is the size of my hand MAYBE! i think next week im gonna seriously start looking
Old 05-22-09, 11:07 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
micheal thats terrible....10 dollers to ship something that doesnt even weigh a pound. box is the size of my hand MAYBE! i think next week im gonna seriously start looking
Don't even get me started

I buy stuff from Chris (Glimmer Glass) and Sewell all the time that comes in huge boxes, gets here in two days, and costs $10-$12 dollars. I wish sewell had the bushings still because not only are they cheaper but they arrive faster!
Old 05-22-09, 12:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Don't even get me started

I buy stuff from Chris (Glimmer Glass) and Sewell all the time that comes in huge boxes, gets here in two days, and costs $10-$12 dollars. I wish sewell had the bushings still because not only are they cheaper but they arrive faster!
hmmm well daizen shows like 4 other Lexus dealers as actual daizen dealers wonder if anyone has contacted ANY of the other authorized dealers for pricing/availability?
Old 05-24-09, 11:48 AM
Emil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well fitted mine yesterday,has improved the responce ALOT,which is great,however still got the shake still,not as bad as it was before,next to fit are my control arm bushes

took me a while longer,nearly 3 hours doing things very slowly and taking my time,the bolts for the anti-roll bar had rusted up a fair bit so took some extra time
Old 05-26-09, 07:25 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Just as an FYI for those wanting to order these bushings....

I first tried to order them from Sewell (CL discount and TM's shipping is a ripoff), but right after I sent the payment Reagan called me and said they no longer carry these bushings (though they DO show up on the website). Daizen changed some of their vendor rules and requires a huge bulk order to get a reasonable price. Reagan said the minimum is far more than they would ever be able to sell.

I had to order from TM because of this, and as of now, have not received any word about them not being able to fulfill my order. I am not sure if Sewell's dealings with Daizen are a one-off or if TM will soon be having the same problem with a bulk mandate from the company.

Sounds to me like if you have been wanting these, now is the time to buy.
Daizen still offers the bushings...see here for update:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...hings-etc.html

Quick Reply: DIY Daizen Steering Rack Bushing