Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 09:20 PM
Black Ten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEIN Coilovers?

I noticed TEIN is now offering CST coilovers for the GS430. Anyone have experience with TEIN coilovers? How will my ride change from stock? Will the ride degrade over time with coilovers vs stock? Will coilovers affect my warranty? Ultimately I'd like to lower the car and get 20in rims, are TEIN CST coilovers the way to go if I don't want much more of a stiffer ride than stock? I have been avoiding going the spring route since most think coilovers are far superior. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Black Ten
Old 09-18-06, 09:27 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GET THEM!!! They're AWESOME!!! I bought the Japanese Tein CS (not available in US yet) for my IS and I was expecting to have a rougher ride than OEM springs, but the ride is actually much better!!!
Old 09-18-06, 09:31 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Modding the suspension will void your suspension warranty, and also any parts directly linked to it. Such as bushings, ball joints, end links, etc. It won't affect the warranty for the rest of the car.
Old 09-18-06, 09:38 PM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for me I can never ride a stock car so modifications comes to play with all my cars. Warranties is honored on only some situations but in the end we still pay some sort of fees. I'm a DIY type of guy so I learn how to fix it myself. But your question about changing it to coilovers versus spring is no comparison. Coilovers give you the versatility of controlling your ride height and dampering (if any) but I recommend having that option also. So if you were going to choose the spring option then you are stuck with that preset configurations. If you were to ever change other part of your car like a bodykit, rims, etc. than the coilovers is there to accommodate those needs. Well, I hope this would guide you on your decisions on this topic. Goodluck!!
Old 09-18-06, 09:48 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

You said warranty is honored in some situations. Got a question. I installed my TRD sway bars upside down....yes I know, lol. It busted one of my ABS sensor wires. My car has 16k miles on it. Just wondering if the dealer would somehow help me pay for some of it....heh. I doubt it so I'm most likely just going to try to solder it back together myself.
Old 09-19-06, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

my gs400 went from tein ha to tein flex to tein cs

my is300 had tein ha

my sc430 has tein cs

that says a lot