Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned Suspension Need Feed Bacl...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 10:12 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post L-tuned Suspension Need Feed Bacl...

Hello Everyone,

I am going to hopefully be changing out my L-tuned suspension in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much they may be worth. Since they are no longer avaliable. I don't want to rip anyone off but at the same rate I do want to let them go for a fair price. They were just installed at the time I purchased my car last year April.

I have bought many things from other members here on the CL forum and have never sold any thing but now I am thinking someone could get some good use out of these suspension parts.

Here are some specs: Came off of my car 1998 GS 400
only have about 16K on them and they have only had FWY miles and not very many street miles.

Thank you for all your help..... and they will be off my car as soon as I get my new suspension put on.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 05-23-06, 10:22 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

well - how much did you get the set up for? and reduce the price from there...
Old 05-23-06, 10:44 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Karizma
well - how much did you get the set up for? and reduce the price from there...
Since I no longer have the paperwork and it was all included at the time of purchase, I am not certain and really can not remember how much it actually was. I was thinking some where in the neighborhood of $400 for the whole set up.... but like I mentioned, I do want to be fair and don't want anyone to think I am trying to rip them off.

Thank you for your feed back.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 05-23-06, 10:59 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Revhard191
Since I no longer have the paperwork and it was all included at the time of purchase, I am not certain and really can not remember how much it actually was. I was thinking some where in the neighborhood of $400 for the whole set up.... but like I mentioned, I do want to be fair and don't want anyone to think I am trying to rip them off.

Thank you for your feed back.

Cheers,

Revhard191
What I have seen typically here on CL: people will often give used stock suspension parts away for the cost of shipping only. For lightly used/NOT abused L-tuned parts usually sell for about half the price of new with the buyer assuming the cost of shipping or local pick-up. You probably paid around $450 or so for the shocks/springs when they were new plus any labor for installation. Did the seller include parts and installation as part of your original purchase? Or was the equipment already on the car?
Old 05-23-06, 11:10 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DetMich1
What I have seen typically here on CL: people will often give used stock suspension parts away for the cost of shipping only. For lightly used/NOT abused L-tuned parts usually sell for about half the price of new with the buyer assuming the cost of shipping or local pick-up. You probably paid around $450 or so for the shocks/springs when they were new plus any labor for installation. Did the seller include parts and installation as part of your original purchase? Or was the equipment already on the car?
I had a few things done to the car before I even picked it up. I had the rims and tires, exhaust, L-tuned springs and shocks, alone with an alignment all done before I even drove the car for the second time. I was anxious to mod I guess....

Either way, I will have to look for all of that paper work and then I guess I can finally make a decision on how much to sell them for....

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 05-23-06, 03:13 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should be able to get $275 or so for the set up. That's what I'd ask.
Old 05-28-06, 04:11 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Search the GS Classified section for anyone who sold Ltuned suspension within the last year...that should give you a good indication on where to set your price.

Pete