Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I've made my suspension choices.. how does this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-01, 08:03 AM
nevrenuf

I'm pretty inexperienced with Lexus Performance parts and recently posted here asking for some advice to make handling performance improvements on my GS400.

Here is what I've selected, I would appreciate feedback about these choices so I can make sure I'm not making any mistakes..

L-Tuned Parts : Shocks and Springs
TRD Parts : LCB, STB, Front and Rear Sway Bars.

Thanks for any Feedback... I'm excited to get started!

Tom
Old 08-19-01, 08:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally posted by nevrenuf
I'm pretty inexperienced with Lexus Performance parts and recently posted here asking for some advice to make handling performance improvements on my GS400.

Here is what I've selected, I would appreciate feedback about these choices so I can make sure I'm not making any mistakes..

L-Tuned Parts : Shocks and Springs
TRD Parts : LCB, STB, Front and Rear Sway Bars.

Thanks for any Feedback... I'm excited to get started!

Tom
That's what I have (I have a trunk STB as well) - and you won't believe the handling improvement. However, be aware that the sways will make the ride a bit more 'jiggly' on pavement imperfections. If you're not sure what the ride's going to be like - I suggest you go for a ride with someone else.

Oh right, you're in Suwanee - I'm in Atlanta, so if you want a 'demo' - let me know.
Old 08-19-01, 04:48 PM
SilverGSguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a very good combo, let me know when you get all that stuff and your opinions on them.
Old 08-19-01, 05:56 PM
RacingAristo

You will be pleased by those quality TRD parts. As for L-Tuned, it's too soft in my taste.
Old 08-20-01, 12:30 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Great choices ! TRD stuff is excellent and the l-tuned shocks and springs are the best compromise between sportiness and luxury ride .

Same setup i was going to do . But since Steve was always out of sways ( blessing in disguise ) i am going all out and have him import the Toms's suspension kit.

Time to start saving my pennies.
Old 08-20-01, 12:55 AM
RacingAristo

1nice,

Let me know the quality and how you feel after you install those Tom's. TRD sway bars always have a great demand but limited supply.
Old 09-04-01, 05:15 PM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice setup. Mine is similar. After driving my car for four months the L-Tunes suspension is too soft. Cannot live without the sways. They make the car very precise.
Old 09-04-01, 05:28 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

I recently installed the L-Tuned spring/shock, with front and back TRD sways, and the floatiness it completely gone, which was my main drive for getting the suspension, the sways do not make the ride "stiff", or at least for my taste.

the ride is already great in my opinion, but I am wondering if you guys recommend getting the front and back STB? or just the front?? or what would the benefts of having STB?

thanks,

Old 09-04-01, 06:08 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Cool

You are going to love that setup. Make sure you're willing to accept the compromise in road harshness that the sways bring with them. For me they were the icing on the cake.

Enjoy,

Peter