Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bilstein Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-01, 12:56 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to go back through the past posts and FAQs so sorry if this has been asked. One question and one solicitation for comments.

1. Are the shocks the same for the 98-00 GS400 and the 01 GS 430? I guess this applies to other than Bilsteins but I think this is something I want to do fairly quickly.

2. Anyone tried the Bilstein coilovers yet? Looks the adjustable ones (PSS9) are not out for the GS yet but the PSS is listed. Anyone tried them? Any comments?

Thanks
Old 07-18-01, 01:47 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Answers

Hi Ron,

the susupension(springs + shocks) have not changed since the 98 intro of GS, both 3+4. they all share the same component. this applies to the 2001 models too.

1.if you want the bilsteins sports shocks, i can have a set delivered to you for $425.

2.the PSS system was just released few months ago, so not many of us has experience on this unit. However, the unit is quite close to that of H&R coilovers. the reason being that HR's unit use bilsteins as supplier, and the PSS unit has HR springs.

Manaray has the HR coilovers, and he likes the unit. the comfort/performance factor can be of personal taste. but do expect to be slightly firmer than stock.

if you would like more pricing info on the PSS, or HR coilovers, you can PM me , or use lexubill@clublexus.com

thanks

william

Old 07-18-01, 02:06 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Will

Been back through things enough to know that I'll probably get the Bilsteins through you when ready. Seems crazy to not even have gone for the thirty day checkup and want to can the stock shocks but there you go. I have had very good past results with Bilstein products (that might be a Duh) and hope they did it right with the coilovers.

Once again, thanks.

Ron