Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Decent suspension shop in Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-05, 12:07 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decent suspension shop in Northern Virginia

I just got a quote for $680 to install shocks and springs, and another $90 fo ralignment. This seems more than a little high. Any Virginia folks recommend a shop in the Wash DC NoVa area?
Old 10-06-09, 07:56 AM
zach
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to bump a four-year old thread... but I'm also in the same position as STONER, and would very much appreciate any recommendations for a reputable suspension shop in the NoVa/DC area.

My '02 GS300 has 111k, makes some unsettling creaking sounds when going over speed bumps and, when turning the wheels all the way left or right, gives off a disturbing high-pitched screetching sound (which is weird -- it sounds more like an electric sound, not mechanical, but I imagine it's almost certainly due to something wacky in the suspension). And when braking at 10-15mph, there's a shuddering (not sure if clunking is the right word, but perhaps?) sound coming from the front left wheel well; it could also be happening somewhere else, but that's definitely the most noticeable.

So, in short, I think there's quite a lot to be concerned about -- but even after extensive forum searching, I can't quite tell if the problems are related to the ball joints, control arms, shocks, bushings or other parts, and I'd rather not obtain my education through an exorbitant Lexus dealership.

Any suggestions for shops would be greatly appreciated -- thank you!
Old 10-06-09, 08:28 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Nice to see a fellow member from NOVA. Have your ball joints ever been changed? If not, then change them ASAP! They are a known problem with our cars, and do the tie rods at the same time. Also the creaking noise may be due to old rubber bushings. There is a DIY on how to do both of these and they are quite simple but you will need an alignment after wards.

Auto Lube and Repair
9885 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22030

Phone:
(703) 273-2144
(703) 359-2800

This is a shop that i use when i can't do it myself. Tell them steven sent you. Hope this helps. For more info PM me. Also the NELOC section is a good place to find locals to help you out with ideas and suggestions.
Old 10-07-09, 07:11 PM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

i own a gas station in manassas so i use my own equipment on my own car. but i actually use pt tuning to do my corner balancing and alignments. in fact they did my car a few days ago after i did figs rear lower arms and spc front uppers!

Last edited by benbuilt4u; 10-07-09 at 07:16 PM.