Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Finally..Pics of Tein CS on Donz Columbos in Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-05, 11:35 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Finally..Pics of Tein CS on Donz Columbos in Gallery

Ok guys i just took these pics 5 min ago.. They don't do the car justice at all.. The end result is great.. I had the mechanic set it Tein Specs and they came out great I hope someone can bring the pics over to the GS section i would appreciate it...

The install only took about 2 1/2 hours which I thought was pretty quick considering.... The ride is great and alot of the floatyness is gone... The ride is nice and tight and I'm going Tuesday to get the alignment done so i should feel a better difference after that... no sterring shake or vibration at all.. I only have the damper setting to 10 clicks aon all four corners.. Thats not even the softess setting....

From looking at the front it almost looks a hair higher in the front than the rear? Tein specs i belive are 1 inch front and .8 in the rear... Maybe its just an illusion because of the rear fender or something? Please tell me what you guys think... Not bad at all since I've only had the car since April....

Tony
Old 08-06-05, 05:17 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont see any pics in gallery man?
Old 08-06-05, 05:23 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Ok guys i just took these pics 5 min ago.. They don't do the car justice at all.. The end result is great.. I had the mechanic set it Tein Specs and they came out great I hope someone can bring the pics over to the GS section i would appreciate it...

The install only took about 2 1/2 hours which I thought was pretty quick considering.... The ride is great and alot of the floatyness is gone... The ride is nice and tight and I'm going Tuesday to get the alignment done so i should feel a better difference after that... no sterring shake or vibration at all.. I only have the damper setting to 10 clicks aon all four corners.. Thats not even the softess setting....

From looking at the front it almost looks a hair higher in the front than the rear? Tein specs i belive are 1 inch front and .8 in the rear... Maybe its just an illusion because of the rear fender or something? Please tell me what you guys think... Not bad at all since I've only had the car since April....

Tony
tony i dont see the pics either

store your pics on your computer from your camera then upload to the photogallery to the gs400 photo gallery once done the finish the instructions then open up another browser window goto to clublex photo gallery find your pics click on the pic once opened right click in the actual pic highlight the properties dialog and click on copy then goto back to the other window where you have this thread open and after you click edit click on the 9th image from the left side where it says message then beneath it says font , the ninth image is yellow in color , click that open and paste the properties dialog into that box and you are done
Old 08-06-05, 07:08 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin' good man. could stand to be lowered a bit more IMO but the wheels do look nice.

Old 08-06-05, 07:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Well i downloaded the pics in the GS300/400 section in the Gallery.... I tried to copy and paste in the reply to thread section and can't do it... There has to be a easier way and less confusing way to post pics...

Tony
Old 08-06-05, 07:11 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

and voila... (ha ha)
Old 08-06-05, 07:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

GS wanted: Thanks for the reply and posting the pics.... So it does look even front and rear?
Old 08-06-05, 07:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the Tein CS family. I love mine too. Your ride looks good. The Donz wheels look very nice...I'd paint the spokes white to match the car though.
Old 08-06-05, 07:16 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

not sure if it's the angle of the pic or not but it looks like the front is a tad bit higher. the Tein will need time to settle anyway. however, as stated before, it looks like you should lower it a bit more IMO. do you have anything in the backseats or in the trunk (a system?) that would cause it to sit lower than the front?
Old 08-06-05, 07:17 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tony-congrats on the CS install. Mine are on order. When you say the mechanic set them at Tein specs, do you mean he installed them the way they came without adjusting springs or what? How are you liking the ride. does it feel bouncy at all?

BTW-the front does look a little higher, but that's how stock is too. maybe drop another .5 inch in front?
Old 08-06-05, 07:28 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

1 finger gap it, other than that, Love the look of a White GS. Maybe, clear the rear tail light also.
Old 08-06-05, 07:31 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

It looks excellent

do not listen to the put downers
Old 08-06-05, 07:33 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

the mechanic measured it the way it said to in the instructions... Teins tells you how to measure from the top of the coilover to th bottom or something like that? My driveway is a slightly angled alittle but not that noticable to make a car look different... I have no system or anything in the trunk Yea I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens... I just bought my torgue wrench today from pepboys so now the wheels will be installed properly I guess the coilovers are pretty easy to adjust?

Tony
Old 08-06-05, 07:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tone, congrats again on the coils, they were worth the wait. Now that I see it yes the front is higher than the rear. I'll be over next week sometime to lower your whole more!!!!
Old 08-06-05, 07:58 PM
suge66
Pole Position

Default Nice

I have the Tein High tech springs, Hope mine look as good when i nstall.

Quick Reply: Finally..Pics of Tein CS on Donz Columbos in Gallery