Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber Kit for GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05, 06:03 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber Kit for GS

My 98' GS400 is on Tein CS at a conservative drop. Before I even lowered it, I noticed that the rear wheels already have negative camber. Now it's even worst with the lowering. What camber kits for out there for a 2nd gen. GS? TIA.
Old 04-13-05, 07:12 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gapxguy
My 98' GS400 is on Tein CS at a conservative drop. Before I even lowered it, I noticed that the rear wheels already have negative camber. Now it's even worst with the lowering. What camber kits for out there for a 2nd gen. GS? TIA.
There are none. There are supposedly at least a couple in development but nothing has come from it yet.

We all wait with you.
Old 04-13-05, 07:38 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

This is a sore subject. So many waiting for this but it still hasnt come
Old 04-13-05, 09:24 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

You guys are kidding me. With all the GS owners lowering their Lexus NO company has came out with a camber kit for it? I would think there would be plenty to choose from since this is a 2nd gen. GS and the 3rd gen. has already came out. This issue never crossed my mind because I would think there would be more aftermarket support for the GS. What a shame, luckily I didn't get 19's with low profile tires yet.
Old 04-13-05, 10:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gapxguy
You guys are kidding me. With all the GS owners lowering their Lexus NO company has came out with a camber kit for it? I would think there would be plenty to choose from since this is a 2nd gen. GS and the 3rd gen. has already came out. This issue never crossed my mind because I would think there would be more aftermarket support for the GS. What a shame, luckily I didn't get 19's with low profile tires yet.
to be honest, there aren't really that many people in the 2gs modding their cars. compared to civic, etc....

and the suspension on the lexus isn't easy to deal with, it's pretty complex that's why it's not as easy to make camber kits, or so i heard
Old 04-14-05, 01:50 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love a front caster kit. Is there anything like that for the GS.
Old 04-14-05, 01:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slickgt1
I would love a front caster kit. Is there anything like that for the GS.
pm sent
Old 04-14-05, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
pm sent
you got one?
Old 04-18-05, 01:28 PM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber wear

I had that problem wearing out my tires. My car is lowered about 1.5 to 2 inches, and I would go through 2 new 255-35-20 tires in the rear every 6 months. I ended up spending about $65 everytime I take it into get alaignments for a total of three times, and it still wouldn't fix it. I got tired and changed the camber settings my self. I'd drive my GS up a ramp so I could get underneath the car. I then found the camber adjustment bolts and played around with it. I place the leveler on the edge of my rims/tires making sure the bubble was floating at zero(in the middle) of the site glass. I then moved to the Toe adjustment rod and adjust that until I had both tires parallel to each other. Take it for a test drive, recheck/adjust the camber and toe in.

I know what I'm doing is a crude way of fixing it, but it works until they come out with an actual kit. Its been a year. So far I haven't had any problems with camber wears, and it saved me alot of money, and headaches.
Old 04-18-05, 01:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

umm.... having zero camber in the back is very bad for handling. if you look at the factory spec i believe it should be a tad negative?

and i am not sure about the rear toe, but for front toe, you want them to toe in a bit, coz' at 40mph or higher the road force will cause the wheel to toe out and cause inside wear
Old 04-26-05, 04:51 PM
enigoofy
Driver School Candidate

Default camber

all lexus have camber adjustments. you cant do much, but it will help. for GS's up front the camber adjustment is on the lower arm inside. there should be a circle gauge that you turn left or right. loosen those bolts and turn thn that washer. it will pull your arms in and out. on the rear end, the adjustments is on the lower arms outside. same thing loosen bolts turn washers. make sure on both front and rear turn both washers on the front and rear of the arm. if you really drop the car low, you can mill the camber holes bigger. hope this helps!!!!!!!

ps LS's are the opposite sides
Old 04-26-05, 07:17 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I just went thru this just today. The best we could get it is -2 deg on the camber. I would love a camber kit for our cars.

I ordered the Tein Flex's with the EDFC. We'll try and loosen everything down when we install the Tein's.
Old 04-26-05, 08:13 PM
enigoofy
Driver School Candidate

Default camber

hahahah................i did say to cut a bigger hole. i have done it to my gs and my camber is at about 0 degrees. i have gone and done my alignment and my tires wears evenly. just wanted to help you out on that. i have been driving my lexus with the same tires for about a year, no inside wear.
Old 04-26-05, 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by enigoofy
hahahah................i did say to cut a bigger hole. i have done it to my gs and my camber is at about 0 degrees. i have gone and done my alignment and my tires wears evenly. just wanted to help you out on that. i have been driving my lexus with the same tires for about a year, no inside wear.
confused, what did you mean by bigger hole?
Old 04-27-05, 10:04 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
confused, what did you mean by bigger hole?

Yeah, what do you mean by bigger hole?

Quick Reply: Camber Kit for GS