Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned/ Sewell Lexus Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 05:05 PM
luciano
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned/ Sewell Lexus Problem

I went ahead and got the L-tuned Shocks/springs since they were at a discount price from Sewell Lexus (lexus-parts), recieved them monday and had them installed today, than to later find out that they lowered my car by 4-5" and my rear tire is half tucked which looks retarded, I figured out they have sent me GS Shocks and IS300 Springs without anything stating its for the IS or anything, the shocks box said
GS300/400 so I went and installed them and to find this out.... What am I supposed to do?

Last edited by luciano; 02-26-05 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-24-05, 05:13 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude your post makes no sense, no offense

if you lowered your car 4-5" you would be sitting on the ground, literally!!!!

secondly, how would IS shocks fit the GS?

I really don't think Sewell is the moron here bro

how bout you calm down and post pix of your beef
Old 02-24-05, 05:16 PM
luciano
Pole Position

Who said IS shocks, I said IS springs, I will post a pic tomorow morning when its light out, your mouth will drop when you see this bullsh1t. The exhaust pipes are 1.5-2" from the ground.
Old 02-24-05, 05:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Post pics!

Are you 100% they're for IS? Check the model numbers, should be able to tell from this pic maybe? Ltuned are on the bottom (photo credit whitels):

Old 02-24-05, 05:19 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by luciano
Who said IS shocks, I said IS springs, I will post a pic tomorow morning when its light out, your mouth will drop when you see this bullsh1t. The exhaust pipes are 1.5-2" from the ground.
springs/shocks....same crap dude....

either way IS springs or shocks won't fit the GS

and btw, FYI my car is on eibachs (a tiny bit lower than l-tuned) and bilsteins and my mufflers are maybe a couple inches off the ground....I am reminded of this fact everytime I leave a driveway and I scrape the crap outta them
Old 02-24-05, 05:19 PM
HDDuece
Driver

I also doubt if IS springs would fit unless your installer made them fit and screwed up. Also I'm sure that at Sewell they don't open each box and check the contents. Get a part number off the springs and then you can find out for sure. My L-tune springs lowered my car about a inch, if it was 4-5 inches lower it would scrape on the road.
Old 02-24-05, 05:25 PM
luciano
Pole Position

"IS springs won't fit GS"

Shows how much you know, who are you to jump into threads and tell me wrong? Why would I steer up this mess for nothing, I just want Sewell lexus to call my local lexus dealer pay for the new springs and the labour and I will gladly ship these back, I just don't want to get stuck with 4x the labour for putting the stock ones back on and than putting the GS L-tuned springs on, I ain't trying to win a war here, I just don't wanna get totaly screwed and foot the bill for this non-sense.
Old 02-24-05, 05:26 PM
luciano
Pole Position

I watched my installer do them, they had no problems fitting whatsoever, ill take it to a gas station and take pics since you guys are getting jumpy
Old 02-24-05, 05:29 PM
HDDuece
Driver

You had them installed by a Lexus dealer and they didn't know the difference. If they are the wrong springs they should pay to fix the problem.
Old 02-24-05, 05:31 PM
luciano
Pole Position

No, they were installed by my mechanic who works on high-end imports only, Lexus wanted $500+ for the installation.
Old 02-24-05, 05:31 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

" just want Sewell lexus to call my local lexus dealer pay for the new springs and the labour and I will gladly ship these back,

so wait....a LEXUS dealer installs IS springs in a GS and doesn't realize this and neither do you?

hmmm.....am I the only one seeing a pattern here?
Old 02-24-05, 05:34 PM
luciano
Pole Position

I only said to call my local Lexus dealer so they can foot the bill for the labour and skip re-shipping from texas, you a little slow aren't you nt2shabby?
Old 02-24-05, 05:36 PM
HDDuece
Driver

I bet with a 5" drop they didn't need a spring compressor to install the new springs on the shocks.
Old 02-24-05, 05:39 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

I only said to call my local Lexus dealer so they can foot the bill for the labour and skip re-shipping from texas, you a little slow aren't you nt2shabby?

see now, if you want to be an idiot about things we can go that route as well...

Mr. Canadian who first declares Sewell is a bunch of morons for sending him IS springs in a GS box....then Mr. Canuck boy claims his LEXUS dealer installs IS springs in his GS which drops it an UNBELIEVABLE 4-5" which is INSANE because even COILOVERS don't drop that low on the GS (Its impossible to drop 4-5" on a GS without going THROUGH THE FLOOR with the car)

Then Mr. Canuck boy claims his fancy schmancy mechanic goes and installs IS springs in a GS which are obviously SMALLER than GS springs

and I'm the slow one........................riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.............
Old 02-24-05, 05:43 PM
luciano
Pole Position

The springs are very similer size, just shorter which we thought was normal since they were suppost to lower the car...

I am not canadian, so that went out the other ear.

anyway I don't got time to play these games with you idiots, just sit back without posting stupid comments and wait for the pics.

Quick Reply: L-tuned/ Sewell Lexus Problem