Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

do Supra REAR lower control arms fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 10:02 PM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do Supra REAR lower control arms fit?

I know the front lca's fit the supra but do the rear lca's fit as well? i've searched and there is no answer on this one. my mechanics says my rear lca bushings are gone and so are the fronts and im not surprised considering the milage its been through. I do not plan on purchasing s daizen bushing kit or any other replacement bushing kit since installing it would cost an arm and a leg and i have no clue where i can get the bushings burned out and pressed in around here. i figured the supra lca's would give the best ride and it would cost about the same as getting them pressed in from a shop if i could find one. also the new arms come with new ball joints so thats another plus. but i need to know if the rear lca's from the supra fit or i might have to go another route since it wouldnt be worth it for me just buy the fronts if i need new bushings all around.
Old 12-26-04, 11:02 PM
SC4Million
Driver

I checked ALLDATA and....

from what I can tell from the diagrams the FRONT suspention is the same on the 93.5 Supras

the REAR is different and not compatible.

*sucks but true* (I think )
Old 12-27-04, 12:36 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

the rear LCAs are a little bit shorter than ours. The supra subframe is a tad bit wider so the LCAs are shorter to accomodate.
Old 12-27-04, 05:38 AM
tarq3
Driver

So were can we get some gOOd low cost rear lower control arms for our SC's that are not Daizens???

Thanks
Old 12-27-04, 10:46 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tarq3
So were can we get some gOOd low cost rear lower control arms for our SC's that are not Daizens???

Thanks
From what I can see Daizen doesn't make a RLCA just the bushings, which you can just use your stock RLCA and put their bushings in them.
Old 12-27-04, 10:48 AM
tarq3
Driver

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
From what I can see Daizen doesn't make a RLCA just the bushings, which you can just use your stock RLCA and put their bushings in them.
Yeah thats the thing don't want to go Daizen. Don't likethem at aLL they ride to hard. Got to find some other alternative.
Old 12-27-04, 10:57 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Yeah thats the thing don't want to go Daizen. Don't likethem at aLL they ride to hard. Got to find some other alternative.
That's because they are poly.. I very seriously doubt you can notice a diffrence wth JUST poly bushings especially in the rear. Plus, if you think poly bushing ride to stiff, maybe you shouldn't be modifing your car (if you are).
Old 12-27-04, 11:00 AM
tarq3
Driver

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
That's because they are poly.. I very seriously doubt you can notice a diffrence wth JUST poly bushings especially in the rear. Plus, if you think poly bushing ride to stiff, maybe you shouldn't be modifing your car (if you are).

You can definetly notice the difference. Most definetley. It is very noticable, the lex ride is gone. I have had them installed twice cause the first time i thought it was done wrong cause the ride was bad. Second time around the only thing that was better was that it took less time for them to start squeaking. So now i really don't wantto go daizens. IT is winter now the ride is harder in the cold they skeay even more. Plus with the harder ride when hitting bumps the car rattles a heck of alot more and rattles other things in the car loose
Old 12-27-04, 11:16 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

You can definetly notice the difference. Most definetley. It is very noticable, the lex ride is gone. I have had them installed twice cause the first time i thought it was done wrong cause the ride was bad. Second time around the only thing that was better was that it took less time for them to start squeaking. So now i really don't wantto go daizens. IT is winter now the ride is harder in the cold they skeay even more. Plus with the harder ride when hitting bumps the car rattles a heck of alot more and rattles other things in the car loose
lol oh man.. you should try riding in my car (and it's a lot better than some of my previous cars).. lol anyway looking to get rid of them? I'll take em off your hands.
Old 12-27-04, 06:50 PM
SC4Million
Driver

tarq

have you thought of trying the Valmos Bushings? They will give you back you lex ride and from what I have read are excellent quality. They are however kinda exspensive (less than a lca though) and you would still have to find somone to install them.

search google for "VFT Bushes"

also do you know which arm is bad on the rear? The upper CA is a "A" type but the lower rears are two seperatet bars Front and Rear.

Last edited by SC4Million; 12-27-04 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 11:41 PM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

do you know which arm on the rear usually goes bad? the front lower rear isnt as expensive as the rear lower rear.

#7 is front lower rear
#8 is rear lower rear
Old 12-28-04, 09:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vlamos makes them all, front, rear, upper and lower for the SC. Get them if you want the Lexus ride...they are worth it...

Ryan
Old 01-10-05, 02:37 PM
tarq3
Driver

Just an update guys i just got my Supra front lower control arms installed. These things are great, my car is riding like it should. Now if we can only find a solution for the rear arms.

PS. the Supra lower control arms are the way to go if you still want to keep a good lexus ride going
Old 02-07-05, 10:56 PM
lexus_sc400_n20
Pole Position

I have everything in the picture for sale from my 1995 SC300 with 89k miles .. Subframe and all bushings, A arms, ALL numbers 1-13. PM me for details.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148326