Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

KYB or L_Tune struts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-04, 11:03 PM
dannieboiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB or L_Tune struts?

Which struts would you buy? L-Tune or KYB? I see that they're both relatively cheap on ebay. L-tune about 180 and KYB about 250. I'll be having a mild drop, considering Tein S for just a 1.2" drop heard that Tein H are too stiff. My struts are not bad but figure I'd do it all at once. Which will be a better setup. I don't want to have a bouncy ride either because a body kit will be added as well. Not sure which I want to do first yet.
Old 07-13-04, 06:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ltuned and kyb are basically one in the same , ltuned are rebadged kyb.. not sure of your driving style and how far you plan on taking your susp with bracing larger wheels etc but i found out quickly that the ltuned/kyb were ref for crap.. they were not up to the task of damping quick enough and giving enough control for my driving style but then again i have every brace known to man on my gs..

i chose the bilstein sports route instead couple with the ltuned springs and found great balance and those bilsteins handle any road condition with grace and total control.. ride is firm like bmw m series but very comfortable
Old 07-13-04, 06:59 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lexforlife
ltuned and kyb are basically one in the same , ltuned are rebadged kyb.. not sure of your driving style and how far you plan on taking your susp with bracing larger wheels etc but i found out quickly that the ltuned/kyb were ref for crap.. they were not up to the task of damping quick enough and giving enough control for my driving style but then again i have every brace known to man on my gs..

i chose the bilstein sports route instead couple with the ltuned springs and found great balance and those bilsteins handle any road condition with grace and total control.. ride is firm like bmw m series but very comfortable
soon to HOPEFULLY be mine, AHEM AHEM, COUGH COUGH
Old 07-13-04, 07:01 AM
dannieboiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to take my car to its' limits, handling is probably second to comfort at this point, 18" rims will be the mine but it seems like I may even end up with 20's if budget allows. The way it seems 19" rims with a 1.2 may not be enough but if I go any lower I think I'll have problems driving over the drive way at my company with an explosion kit.