Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Break Pedal_Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 11:21 AM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break Pedal_Problems

Need your good expert advice on this one.

Has this in any threads.-...the breaks, pads, rotors, lines were all done - (2 places).
The brake pedal response is extremely low. We just realized the problem lies in the brake pedals - themselves. The car is stock , and pushing over 100 miles. Here's the issue- they are to low. Could they just be loose, and slipped and slipped until now they are really at the dead bottom. Is it a possibility to tighten them -how is this done? The breaks should be perfect. but you'd never know they feel like almost gone, flooring it to get ANY reponse. It is a very uncomrtable dangerous ride like this, and I wanna fix it a.s.a.p , as it must not be good for the car..

If you know what I mean , even if it isn't what I think, would greatly appreciated your help here.

Thanks, pics would be great
F_natic
Old 04-08-04, 12:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Go get your brakes bled. You might also have a fluid leak somewhere, have them check that too.
Old 04-08-04, 12:31 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

They were bled, as mentioned i did rotors pads, breaks, lines, all of it. Saying it was done correctly as i beleive it was, could the mentioned problem exist. Can the break pedals move, as it feels and may very well be it. I will double check. But this is my problem. Does it or does it not make sence,. Even if it doesn't it be nice to get some feeback, or and comments, please. This is a big problem, under imression this was place get help, not googling it, I am again dumbfouded, by what will be no responses...
Old 04-08-04, 12:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally posted by Lex_Fnatic
They were bled, as mentioned i did rotors pads, breaks, lines, all of it. Saying it was done correctly as i beleive it was, could the mentioned problem exist. Can the break pedals move, as it feels and may very well be it. I will double check. But this is my problem. Does it or does it not make sence,. Even if it doesn't it be nice to get some feeback, or and comments, please. This is a big problem, under imression this was place get help, not googling it, I am again dumbfouded, by what will be no responses...
I have no idea what you just said other than to insult our members... you just posted this question minutes ago, to say something like that is irrational and rude.

As I said in my earlier post and PM, the symptoms you described are classic for air in the brake lines or low fluid pressure. Have it checked out immediately.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-08-04 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you have to press the brake pedal more than what you did with the stock one, all i can say is either the brakes were bled very poorly and there are TONS of air in it, or you are having a major brake fluid leak in the system. that's the two most obvious possiblity on how you get that feeling on the brake pedal and why you have to push all the way down and the car is still stopping bad
Old 04-08-04, 12:42 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Default I am sorry Dave

I am having a serious problem and just hope I will get resposnses. Don't wanna insult -your members. Having the breaks, lines, rotors, and pads done cost a bundle. Shouldn't need to go back for that. I am referring to the break pedals- the pedals are located to close to the floor. The didn't used to. Because the breaks were done, and then checked by two other places, have realized this could be it. I am sorry it's frustating , and cl is my last hope. If no one has heard of this , I don't know what to do with this.
Old 04-08-04, 12:52 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You keep referring to the same problem...which the other members have kindly stated could be one of two things:

- Air in the brake lines, hence it needs to be bled again (this will return the brake pedal to it's normal position)
- Major leak in the brake line...you would notice fluid on the ground. Once fixed this will ALSO return the brake to it's normal position.

Either way, you will need to take it back into the shop to be fixed unless you know how to bleed your own brakes? I highly doubt that it is a brake pedal issue, but rather a brake system issue.

Obviously this is important to you, take it back to the shop and have them fix it...for free. Their work should be covered for at least 3-6 months.
Old 04-08-04, 12:53 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Default Romini...

Thanks..
also I suppose I didn't mention ,
I would love any feeback input suggestions, anything cause this is it, if no one here can help.... I guess you obviously must be right. I thought they were bled properly, but firstly, I would love to be educated, I am open open to learning I do not know what lines are responsable for, my dad brought it in. If there is to much air in from not being bled, is this what makes the pedal feel, I am getting from other threads? What are other symptoms of a fluid leak??

Yes, I must stress, the breaking was always always normal. It is "soft", but that is common, (I may upragrade), but wish the problem was so small. No it's that to get force from the breaks , I push the pedals down literally all the way. It is extremely weird, I know, expecially not knowing what do do with it. When the breaks kick in it's still soft, but not firm at all, very very weak, unless i drive slow, its dangerous. And my breaks are stock though. YEs., and nothing has changed...etc.

Also I doubt it was done too poorly, so then can this eliminate the possibility of the air being the reason?

If you need more explaning just to understand more clearly I'm more than willing....

Thanks so much
Old 04-08-04, 01:03 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Default Last reponse? and also, the leak may be it

Sorry guys,

i 'm trying to put it the right way, kinda frustrated. Thanks for helping, I think I understand it alot better now. now (don't have the car til saturday, will check fluid on ground, thing., and the lines were checked like 3 places, too.

If these are the reasons glad to hear. Cause yes the breaking is low., Exactly not just the pedals low, it the breaking very weak, it's flooring it in order to get the reposnse you'd get by touching the pedal. Very unpredictable like its soft, but harsh. So now i am realising it cant be the breaks, must be something causing the pedal to go down.

Thanks for putting up with this, much appreciated, I'm just learning.

Finally if there is a leak what else will tell me this is the case???
Old 04-08-04, 01:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

i have a question that i think you should ask the shop that bled the brakes -- when they bled the brakes, did they start the car or at least put it in acc?

and the reason why your pedal is low is coz' of the low pressure (no brake fluid and air), that cause the pedal to just drop al the way down

don't drive the car, it's very dangerous now no matter what

and leak? tons of places. ss lines end, caliper, master cylinder (unlikely but...)
Old 04-08-04, 01:26 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Alright, will do,
I thanks u a ton.

So, checking for a leak, In your opinion(s)
Should they have caught this before, maybe, even if not
Do I deserve to pay for this, or should they check it at the same time as the lines, free. Should I really get it free, if they refuse, is it worth it, or sign they don't care about customer care.... go elsewhere. Or pay anyways. We just started in this place, real popular in city for mechanics, just to be smart, wanna get bang for buck, and lexus charges too much.
Old 04-08-04, 01:40 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

They should take car of it for free if your service was not too long ago...Was this done at a Lexus dealer?
Old 04-08-04, 01:42 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Nope
Old 04-08-04, 03:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Lex_Fnatic
Nope