Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will any big brake kit fit me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-03, 02:27 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Will any big brake kit fit me?

will any of the many big brake kits fit a +44 20x8.5 front wheel? i don't think so but mayb some can just assure me 2 end my pipe dream
Old 12-12-03, 02:55 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not as quick in terms of figuring out offsets. Can you measure the distance from your stock rotor to the back of your rim and from the rim hub to the back of your rim? I have some of the templates so that we can see if things will fit. Better yet, you can download the templates from the manufacturers' websites and try them out for yourself.

If you wheel is not high disc, your only options are StopTechs and Rotora. If the StopTechs fit, you can have 14" or 13" rotors. (I'd try the template for both just to make sure.) With Rotora, you can only have the 13". Rotora have a 14" kit with 6-pistons but they need even more clearance space. The AP racing brakes actually need less clearance than the Rotora 6-pistons. Brembos and TRD/Supra/RMM/... are huge. I did not even look into other systems like Endless since too much $ for me.

Like I said, I'd start with StopTech and Rotora. A, your car deserves some big brakes if you can manage it.
Old 12-12-03, 03:30 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

adrian

are you talking with your 20 in gettins

wont fit you have a med disk on the front because you wanted a lip on the front

your best bet is 5mm spacer maybe with rotoras or stoptech

bro how come you have not hit me on the cell since the meet
Old 12-12-03, 03:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you talking about your zeuber? wont' fit man, yours is either low disk or med disk, so ap racing, endless, brembo, supra tt they are all out. stoptech 13" and rotora you might be able to fit but still need to check the clearance.

and the offset really has little to do with the fitment. but in general with 44 you pushing the wheels so much inside, chances are even smaller. my 19s they are +38 in the front and it's high disk and i only have like 2mm between spokes and my calipers
Old 12-12-03, 05:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
and the offset really has little to do with the fitment. but in general with 44 you pushing the wheels so much inside, chances are even smaller. my 19s they are +38 in the front and it's high disk and i only have like 2mm between spokes and my calipers
Right +44 and especially if not high disc has little chance of clearing big brakes.

My 19" fronts with +38 high disc have TONS of room though. I probably still have 1/2-3/4" to the StopTech calipers with 14" brakes.
Old 12-12-03, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Right +44 and especially if not high disc has little chance of clearing big brakes.

My 19" fronts with +38 high disc have TONS of room though. I probably still have 1/2-3/4" to the StopTech calipers with 14" brakes.
yup, hre 540r series is pretty amazing when it comes to spacing
Old 12-12-03, 07:45 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ya guys i was talking about the zaubers, i kinds knew it wouldn't fit but figured i'd ask 2 b sure..thanx...i went with normal disk upfront cus i wanted a nice lip up ther as well..i thought having a superlow in the rear 4 huge lip and a high upfront withsuch a small lip would look weird so well i have do just stay with what i have i guess...4 my next set of wheels i will definetely b gettting a front wheel that can fit a 14" brake kit ...hopefully by summertime if everything goes well....thanx again guys.....

Ed...sorry man i haven't called its been a hectic week starting 2 move my furniture 2 the new house i closed wed. so i've been really busy...i'm doing some pre-painting b4 i move everything over..hopefully by next weekend i'll b done...mayb we can get those daizen sways in..everyone is telling good things about them...
Old 12-13-03, 01:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bluelex
ya guys i was talking about the zaubers, i kinds knew it wouldn't fit but figured i'd ask 2 b sure..thanx...i went with normal disk upfront cus i wanted a nice lip up ther as well..i thought having a superlow in the rear 4 huge lip and a high upfront withsuch a small lip would look weird so well i have do just stay with what i have i guess...4 my next set of wheels i will definetely b gettting a front wheel that can fit a 14" brake kit ...hopefully by summertime if everything goes well....thanx again guys.....

Ed...sorry man i haven't called its been a hectic week starting 2 move my furniture 2 the new house i closed wed. so i've been really busy...i'm doing some pre-painting b4 i move everything over..hopefully by next weekend i'll b done...mayb we can get those daizen sways in..everyone is telling good things about them...
well don't give up yet man how much spacing do you have between stock caliper and the spokes now? if you got say 1 finger i think you will be able to do the 13" stoptech kits. it fits the stock 17s so tight so you might have a chance
Old 12-13-03, 02:12 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
well don't give up yet man how much spacing do you have between stock caliper and the spokes now? if you got say 1 finger i think you will be able to do the 13" stoptech kits. it fits the stock 17s so tight so you might have a chance
Like rominl said, don;t give up yet. If you really want the brakes bluelex, try the template. Does not hurt or cost anything other than time of removing the wheel from the car. Actually, if you can fit the 13", you MIGHT be able to do the 14" depending on how the wheels curve in the back. The two kits actually use the same caliper.
Old 12-13-03, 07:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

I've seen GSTRANCE's 20" Zauber Gettin's. (Look awesome by the way.) NO chance of fitting brakes like mine, and I highly doubt they'll fit the 13's either, since they're so close to the stock calipers. But maybe bluelex's are different fitment.

But as you guys said, bluelex - StopTech has the printable templates on their web site, which I used before getting mine - good for peace of mind.
Old 12-13-03, 07:31 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

it was almost good news till bit reposted j/k i have the same offset and size as gstrance up front....i will buy a tape measure this weekend and take some pics with the inches availble if any...guys thanx 4 the intrest and help...
Old 12-13-03, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

still don't give up yet the 13" kit fits the stock 17 coz' they push the whole rotor and caliper inward more to clear the wheel. that's why the car can't be lowered too much. it's still worth a try i guess
Old 12-18-03, 09:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

welli got around 2 measureing how much room i have left and its a whole 1/2 inch, actaully a little less..
i reallt don't want 2 do spaces i've heard bad things and have been told 2 avoid them if possible...here is a pic..
Attached Thumbnails Will any big brake kit fit me?-house-020aa.jpg  
Old 12-18-03, 09:38 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

and here is another....any ideas guys? r my hopes and dreams lying with the black one instead?
Attached Thumbnails Will any big brake kit fit me?-house-021aa.jpg  
Old 12-19-03, 02:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man that's pretty hopeless, all bit kits are gone. if anything, the stoptech 13s would be the one, but then your car is dropped prety low. did you check to see if rotora brakes fit the stock 17s?

Quick Reply: Will any big brake kit fit me?