Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Door Actuator Thread: Requesting Local Help - Houston/ S.A. / Austin

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 07:23 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Door Actuator Thread: Requesting Local Help - Houston/ S.A. / Austin

This is NOT a DIY thread!

Had an idea to make this thread because I have been looking for someone to help me replace the motors in my acutators. I am not as mechanically inclined as many of you are and do not want to try it out of fear of completely screwing something up. I am more than willing to pay for someone else to do it. Would like to keep this thread clean and on topic, but I do expect the first few posts to possibly be flame posts. If you disagree with the idea, that's fine. If you like my idea, that's fine too. I figured this would be a good way for people to get their work done as well as to foster a better sense of community among the 2GS guys. (But mostly to get our actuators working again! )

That being said, this thread is to request help on door actuators only! This is how it will work:

1. Post your location and amount of motors you need done. You should have these motors ready to go and not expect someone the person who offers to help to source these for you. I believe ebay has a 4 pack of Mabuchi Motors? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

2. If someone is willing to help out, then they can contact you via PM. You will work out the details yourself.

3. Meet up and get your motors fixed!

4. Once the work is complete, come back to this thread and edit your post (if possible) to say that work has been complete.

-----------

Motors: 4
Willing to pay for your services
I do have a Viper alarm installed if that makes a difference

Old 02-24-16, 11:21 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Still looking for someone experienced in this!