Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

September DFW Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 01:15 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Girls should just wear tank tops and shorts. No underwear needed.
Bring 'em.
Old 09-23-06, 06:22 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The rain's here and gone and highs should only be in the upper SEVENTIES! It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day for the meet. I can't wait.
Still itchin' to see if I'll maintain the title for being the only ES to show.

The funny thing is...will anyone notice a gathering of Lexi in Addison - or will it just look like any other day there? *LOL*

Last edited by Slooooooow; 09-23-06 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-23-06, 06:26 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
The rain's here and gone and highs should only be in the upper SEVENTIES! It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day for the meet. I can't wait. Still itchin' to see if I'll maintain the title for being the only ES to show. *LOL*
Looks like we should have a good turnout. In addition to the GS's and IS's we should have some SC's this time. However, you most likely will still be the only ES . Have you tried posting up on the ES forum about the meet? There may also be an LS that shows up. It would be cool if we could get the entire Lexus car line up at the meet. We would then need to work on getting some SUV to participate.
Old 09-24-06, 01:24 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Heh, last time I was in addison circle with a group of lexus guys. We got kicked out by the cops because we we're doing a little 2f2f in the circle lol

Oh yeah, I might be a little late today. Mabye show up around 7:00-7:30PM. I'm sure all of you guys will still be out there
Old 09-24-06, 06:56 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Unhappy

Sorry I couldn't make the meet tonight. Calculus homework just overwhelmed me here on Sunday night. I'll make the next one fo' sho'.

Can't wait to see the pics though...hope you folks all had a great time. The weather was PERFECT for it.
Old 09-24-06, 08:00 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Well the meet was a bust . I got there a little late...about 7:00 and hung out until about 7:20 without seeing a single Lexus. I did get a call from Rob who got there a bit late but I was already home. Anyway, it was pretty disappointing considering all the folks who said they would be there. Anyway, lets get some feedback from everyone on how to make these meets work out. I know for sure there are a few of us who will always be there but we need some new blood and some commitment from others. Anyway, lets try for sometime in October and this will be the last time for me unless we get some turnout.
Old 09-24-06, 08:08 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Lightbulb

Very reminiscent of my prior experiences in other car clubs; the startup is always the toughest. But coordination and communication is key and you're doing an awesome job with that, TexasGS. The member list is an excellent start.

With the other groups, an "Install" or "Tech" meeting seems to always draw a crowd as almost everyone has something they want to install, or see the install of in order to make a purchase decision. So that's a suggestion...

Hmm...since you've mentioned it, Sunday nights are always going to be the hardest night of the weekend for me to make it (though not impossible) - Friday and Saturday nights will always be preferable. Others may have similar circumstances.

Let's keep trying. This will happen.
Old 09-24-06, 08:28 PM
t42gs3
Driver School Candidate

I was there around 7:30, waited for my son to arrive. Ran into a CL member (white GS, debadge) while driving around looking for everyone else. Son and I did a couple more rounds then left. Oh well, next time.
Old 09-25-06, 05:43 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t42gs3
I was there around 7:30, waited for my son to arrive. Ran into a CL member (white GS, debadge) while driving around looking for everyone else. Son and I did a couple more rounds then left. Oh well, next time.
I hung out until about 7:15 or 7:20 then cruised around Addison to see if everyone ended up going to Hooters or something. I did come back and did a drive by about 7:40 and still no one there. The guy in the white GS is Rob and he did give me a call on my cell to find out where we were. And Rob was the one who came to our last meet after having a new baby the same day . That is dedication to the cause. Anyway, t42gs3 thanks for coming out and PM me your email address so I can put you on the master DFW member list.
Old 09-25-06, 04:24 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

I left the motorplex around 7:00pm and ran up there but it was almost 8:00pm by that time. Wife and I drove around for a little bit and headed back for the HEB. I'll be there early for the next one.
Old 09-25-06, 04:29 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Sorry I missed it.

I had some Bull ****** to take care of, and when I fianlly broke away it was around 8:45.

Dont give up.......Im still anxious to get the cars together and meet all of you face to face.

Again....I appoligize.
Old 10-02-06, 08:20 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be in DFW for the next couple of months... I'm down, just let me know when and where! I just wish I knew more Lexus owners here I could bring - I might have to import some from SoCal!

Javier