Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

What would bring you out to meets? The Lexus SE scene

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 07:59 AM
LexFather

Question What would bring you out to meets? The Lexus SE scene

As the title states....please add your thoughts. Thanks
Old 04-19-10, 09:33 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUH? bring out to meets? like what? please elaborate on what you are asking. thanks.
Old 04-19-10, 12:37 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He means what will give you incentive to roll out to meets that are set up.

I'm in as long as they are close to my house like the tilted kilt and I'm not at work.
Old 04-20-10, 10:31 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

ahhh had a brain fart. lol

as long as mike shows up in a tutu and some click clacks, im there! lol
Old 04-26-10, 08:57 AM
SKIIP
Driver

Default wow!

this should be the most active thread on here, right about now....
Old 04-26-10, 02:22 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once I finish my upgrades I plan to attend lots of events. I live in Birmingham Alabama and I would come out. Just make it on the weekends.
Old 04-28-10, 10:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SKIIP
this should be the most active thread on here, right about now....
exactly.....
Old 04-29-10, 08:08 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

i also live in birmingham, al and i would love to join ya'll.
Old 05-01-10, 04:06 PM
charris
Driver

I recently joined CL. I came from the Acura Legend (AL) forums. We used to have meets where we would go driving, take pics or meet at a family friendly fun park. Before I sold my car we were moving toward doing work day meets. This would be where folks with experience making mods to their cars would help the less experienced. It was a normal thing at a Legend meet to see 4 or 5 people helping others work on their cars. Other meet ideas are to solicit local sound or mechanic shops to sponsor the meets. At AL we had a meet at one of my buddy's sound shop in Peachtree city. He broke out the grill and did a couple of stereo installs that day. At AL we went to DixieLand fun park. Good family friendly place with go carts, putt putt, games, etc.

Lets just get creative: Andretti speed lab, cruising, etc.
I'd be happy to speak with my buddy about doing a meet at his place later this summer if anyone is interested. We would need to take some donations to help with food. Id also be happy to set up a meet at dixieland fun park too. These spots are both on the southside

On another note, my car is now runnig great so I am ready for a meet at any of you guys normal spots or a new one. I missed the last one due to repairs.
Old 05-02-10, 04:09 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if we made it into an event, not just going to hang at a parking lot. like charris said. I also think one other problem with car meets is everyone has a group or something, theres not really many people walking around talking to anyone. or at least thats how its felt to me. in all of the other car meets Ive been to Its almost like a mini family. Im just not feeling the love @ the lexus meets. that and I also dont really go because of the location of the meets, but I understand that most people are on that side of 400. just my .02
Old 05-02-10, 08:39 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

even if the meets are on the other side. i think we could still get the guys thats on this side of town to meet up and cruise to the meet. i agree most of the time at meets most ppl have crews that they hang out with. and they dont venture around the parking lot. me personally im down to meet anybody and hang out. I dont care how far the meet is im always down for a cruise. its nothing like a bunch of cars crusing on the highway to a meet. when i lived in nj we use to have meets all the time with good turnouts. i was hoping when i moved down here the scene would be nice plus we have nice weather down here!!!! when i lived in nj we use to meet all the time and even in the SNOW haha! i have vids to prove it. now thats dedication!
Old 05-11-10, 08:40 PM
ShadowGS4
Rookie

I don't have a whole lot of time these days, and seeing as I live in Birmingham, I wouldn't be able to make it to many ATL meets, but if the locals around here wanted to do B'ham meets I could probably make those.
Old 05-20-10, 08:37 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShadowGS4
I don't have a whole lot of time these days, and seeing as I live in Birmingham, I wouldn't be able to make it to many ATL meets, but if the locals around here wanted to do B'ham meets I could probably make those.
we got one coming up june 6th. PM for more info sorry don't mean to thread jack.
Old 05-19-11, 10:50 PM
LexFather

Sad this died. As you can see my enthusiasm has waned. I am not one to give up but after ten years and seeing the Lexus scene here become this way I have questioned everything about the meets over and over. The fact is there should be MORE Lexus enthusiasts than ever, the cars are cheaper, there are more options, there are more styles etc etc but its like pulling teeth. This group doesn't want to drive here, this group doesn't want to drive there. I now even TEXT meets and it seems it doesn't help much.

What can we do? Should we plan cruise spots in different areas where people can meet and cruise to a meet? Are meets boring and dead? Should we plan something different everytime, bar-b-ques, shop visits, parks, etc?

I see Lexus and modified Lexus all the time. The few people I've approached and told them about CL/SELOC etc look at me like I'm nuts Maybe gas is too high.

I see charris's post and he organized a meet with free food and secure parking on a beautiful day and tons of people didn't come. fleshijha talks about meets where people click up or don't chat with one another or location.

Please post and say whats on your mind!
Old 05-19-11, 10:56 PM
LexFather

And I look at the Florida, Cali, Chicago, NorthEAST (NELOC), Canada, HI, etc areas and they are meeting, some weekly! I find it hard to believe Atlanta with all our great cars and people could lag that far behind. Maybe its me? tjmhillz stated they meet in the snow!!!

Quick Reply: What would bring you out to meets? The Lexus SE scene